nirvana "in utero" pressing info

That's a boot, I'm sorry to say. Here's the only link you'll need for Nirvana info:

http://www.sliver.it

In Utero was pressed on clear vinyl in the US and black vinyl a million times in a million different countries. Pretty common in most iterations. Rumor has it the most recent UK pressing has the Albini mixes instead of the Litt remixes... but I doubt that unless those are boots as well.

That's a boot, I'm sorry to say. Here's the only link you'll need for Nirvana info:

http://www.sliver.it

In Utero was pressed on clear vinyl in the US and black vinyl a million times in a million different countries. Pretty common in most iterations. Rumor has it the most recent UK pressing has the Albini mixes instead of the Litt remixes... but I doubt that unless those are boots as well.

cool. i'm just glad to have it. it was cheap.

Boots were pressed on tons of colors. Same goes for Nevermind. All the LPs were also bootlegged as picture discs. Unplugged was released officially on white.

You're right, there are tons of colored fake around, including the red and the yellow (sometime advertised as spanish press) In Utero.

About Albini mix : the first batch of 2005 In Utero (German press) has the Albini mix. It's not a bootleg, catalogue number is 424 536-1. This German repress is still in print and available but I don't know if the later pressing has been rectified.

Guido

Boots were pressed on tons of colors. Same goes for Nevermind. All the LPs were also bootlegged as picture discs. Unplugged was released officially on white.

You're right, there are tons of colored fake around, including the red and the yellow (sometime advertised as spanish press) In Utero.

About Albini mix : the first batch of 2005 In Utero (German press) has the Albini mix. It's not a bootleg, catalogue number is 424 536-1. This German repress is still in print and available but I don't know if the later pressing has been rectified.

Guido

I picked up the german repress w/ the Albini mix about 3 weeks ago from a big electronic chain. So I assume they didn´t correct it.

But I really gotta say, it sounds awesome, it´s definetly one of my best sounding vinyl records.

And the Albini mix is a lot different than the mix from the original press, more distortion and feedback sounds, no dubbed voices on HSB etc.

I picked up the german repress w/ the Albini mix about 3 weeks ago from a big electronic chain. So I assume they didn´t correct it.

But I really gotta say, it sounds awesome, it´s definetly one of my best sounding vinyl records.

And the Albini mix is a lot different than the mix from the original press, more distortion and feedback sounds, no dubbed voices on HSB etc.

great info, so it's still available.

Some months ago, on ebay a copy went for over 300 $...i think we can include that auction in ebay crazyness 3d ;D

What about the 180G UK presses? Either way, the ones we have sound great.

Uk 180 gr are pressed by Simply Vinyl.

I've got nevermind and unplugged and they sounds very good.

In utero is more controversial, i've read many negative comment including a strange story about "Very Ape" regarding the Cobain's guitar solo that is more long than one on original Geffen release. I don't have this Simply Vinyl version but i'm planning to buy it, i'm too curious about this strange Very Ape version.

About sound quality, the best for Nevermind are the Mobile Fidelity version (but it's very expensive) and recent Universal japan repress on 200 gr. vinyl.

For In Utero, in my opinion, the 1996 Japan edition

Speaking of Nirvana, I emailed this seller to let him know that this Love Buzz is a fake, (according to the owners list at sliver.it, for all numbers less than 100, it should be "93" instead of "093". Looks like he sold it for $800 anyway. Pretty lame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIRVANA-RARE-SUB-POP-LOVE-BUZZ-7-EP-Single-93-1000_W0QQitemZ280225916292QQihZ018QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Right, that Love Buzz is a fake, and also not well made.

As you said, no one copy under 100, surfaced or registered on sliver.it, has the "0" before the number, moreover if you look at the credits the name of Susanne Sasic is misspelled as "Sasis". This is typical of 2 UK fake.

Unfortunately there are several LB fake around. One is really well made and hard to spot if you don't check the vinyl matrix.

The Simply Vinyl In Utero is officially out of print. If you see it, grab it.

Really? How many were pressed?

There is no official number , but i suppose it's huge.

These records are still easy to find in Europe, moreover there are at least two different pressing. First press, realesed before 2000,

has white label and was made in Uk. The second pressing has black label and was made in Holland. Holland copies have the matrices that start with the number 08.