WIFE - Pipe Candy LP (Nick S. of Touche Amore & Andrew T. of Vow)

jhulud

Pre-orders for the WIFE - Pipe Candy LP reissue are up now at Mind Over Matter. Get into it. 

“Pipe Candy” was originally self-released by the duo in 2011 to much acclaim and has since gone out of print. We wanted to bring the album back and accomplish two things:

1.) To keep the original high level of standard set on the original pressing by utilizing Stoughton printing for the tip-on gatefold jackets as well as Pirates Press for the 180g vinyl pressing

2.) To add the MOMR flair that we do every release.
For the latter, we opted to add what we are calling a “spine cap” which is a piece of 100lb french paper (banana yellow, to match the vinyl pressing color) that was individually die-cut and screen printed before being assembled. It slips over the spine edge of the record, giving it an extra bit of detail, and also giving us a spot to hand-number the record without detracting from the gorgeous artwork curated by Mr. Steinhardt.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-27-at-6.23.10-PM.png

Order it here: http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM017.html

And if you feel so inclined, here's a write-up I did on the OG press way back when: http://theystillpressvinyl.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/wife-pipe-candy-12-lp/

:D

Thanks everyone! This spine cap is gonna add a nice little touch to the original, as I'm doing a two-color screen print AND a spot gloss screen print to tie it all together. Boom! Then they'll be numbered unlike the original pressing.

As for the price, doing 250 Stoughton jackets did us in for the cost on these beauties, but it is a beautiful, heavy package!

• 1 month later...

It's like Juan knew that I was camped out in front of my computer editing some photos to share with everyone the final product!  I have them posted below.

As already stated, this are shipping immediately.  If you preordered a copy, it should arrive any day...I've been seeing some tags on Instagram and twitter, so I know that they started landing last week!  These were quite laborious to create, but they turned out awesome!  I am thinking about making a blog post about the creation of these spine caps...we shall see.  

In other news, it sucks to try to photograph spot gloss.  Sucks real bad.  I gave up.

PipeCandyFrontCoverPic_800.jpgPipeCandyCoverPic_800.jpgPipeCandyLPPic_800.jpgPipeCandyMixPic_800.jpg