Questions about upgrading

I'm finally going to happily dump the Crosley that I got last year and I'm upgrading to an Audio Technica LP-60 at the end of this year. I got a couple questions.

1. What's the best way to clean my records so they're in their best condition when I get the new table?

2. Can I last till December if I only occasionally play my records?

3. What's a good cartridge I can get that isn't insanely expensive?

I'm finally going to happily dump the Crosley that I got last year and I'm upgrading to an Audio Technica LP-60 at the end of this year. I got a couple questions.

1. What's the best way to clean my records so they're in their best condition when I get the new table?

2. Can I last till December if I only occasionally play my records?

3. What's a good cartridge I can get that isn't insanely expensive?

1. Vacuum style Record Cleaning Machine 

2. Yes

3. Shure M97XE

Buying an atlp60 isn't and upgrade from a crosley. It's a sidestep. They both suck.

At least get the atlp120.

Cleaning your records while playing them on a trash player is just wasting your time. It won't sound any better

It's an upgrade in that it's not got a plastic platter but that isn't going to help and in reality Jase is right it's still utter cack

The atlp60, Sony, Denon, Ion's and all the other similar units with USB in the name and that look like a toy use the same cart and mounting which can't be replaced with a conventional cart, even if you could replace it with something else you can't adjust the tracking force so if your new cart needs a different tracking force you can do nothing about it.

It's good that you are asking questions as it's a good way to pick up a bit of basic knowledge so if you haven’t already read the beginners guide and then read it again.

A good turntable is a precision instrument and if you want one that does it's job properly get one that's a proper turntable not a poor copy of one, you don't have to spend a fortune as you can go vintage.

Do a bit of research and and ask some more questions just so long as they are not the simple catch all what should I buy type and expect someone else to do all your research for you, there were plenty of perfectly decent turntables made that are still in good working order and will do a much better job than those plastic things, Something like the Pioneer PL12D was made in it's gazillions for example and would embarrass all of those cheap things easily, for the price of an atlp60 I would expect a pristine boxed PL12D, that or aim a bit higher new.

I'm not trying to pull your chain and I understand why people buy these things but today with the internet and all the knowledge and information it contains there is really no excuse for insulting your records with something like that

I keep getting recommended a Jensen turntable but I'm wary of it since its features sound just like the Crosley I'm trying to dump. Would this be a good idea?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004MIQ9W4/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_15?colid=31YQ7RDBB7NL9&coliid=I295RSVX1JKYOC

Read this http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/88504-dont-buy-a-crosley-ever-beginner%E2%80%99s-guide-to-hi%E2%80%93fi/

Read it again. And then probably read it again.

I keep getting recommended a Jensen turntable but I'm wary of it since its features sound just like the Crosley I'm trying to dump. Would this be a good idea?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004MIQ9W4/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_15?colid=31YQ7RDBB7NL9&coliid=I295RSVX1JKYOC

Yup just as shit as all the rest.

Basically If it's modern and not made by someone that makes stuff for DJ's or doesn't get mentioned in hifi magazines then chances are it's got Crosley DNA

Best advice you will get