NYVES - New Project by Ryan Clark (FFO: NIN/Depeche Mode)

Mixed feelings on the music. The "singles" are the best (imo). Everything else was meh. Not really a huge fan of electronic music anyways but I do love Ryan Clark's voice.

Also, "smoke" and "haze" vinyl look different. "Haze" is just a cloud area around the center label, "smoke" is strands mixed in throughout.

I'm in the same boat as you. I played this for the lady and she loves it, so I grabbed a copy. She heard the whole thing and was a little disappointed; still likes it more than me though. I honestly just did it to make her happy and the variant is cool.

Truth. Don't know why people are calling it smoke. Smoke is whisps through out. Anyone with the haze feel any grit? (I avoid haze like the plague.)

The original one I ordered her came in today:

zEZUpsI.jpg

I'm in the same boat as you. I played this for the lady and she loves it, so I grabbed a copy. She heard the whole thing and was a little disappointed; still likes it more than me though. I honestly just did it to make her happy and the variant is cool.

Truth. Don't know why people are calling it smoke. Smoke is whisps through out. Anyone with the haze feel any grit? (I avoid haze like the plague.)

The original one I ordered her came in today:

Maybe it'll grow on us in time? And "whisps" was the word I was looking for! Didn't know how to describe smoke variants.

And the stripe/splatter looks pretty cool! I thought about getting that one but stuck with good ol' normal splatter.

Also, "smoke" and "haze" vinyl look different. "Haze" is just a cloud area around the center label, "smoke" is strands mixed in throughout.

:( i meant haze. the person above me wrote smoke and my mombrain made me also type smoke. like when youre typing and talking and accidentally start typing what youre saying instead of what you meant to type? whoopsies. fixed it. :)

:( i meant haze. the person above me wrote smoke and my mombrain made me also type smoke. like when youre typing and talking and accidentally start typing what youre saying instead of what you meant to type? whoopsies. fixed it. :)

No worries! I've done the same. I knew what you guys were talking about, but there is a difference between smoke and haze. Just clearing that up.

EDIT: Hahaha! Clearing up. Haze/smoke. What a coincidence? I'll show myself out...

I love Depeche Mode and intrigued by the comparison.  I wanted to love the tracks I sampled so much but couldn't get into it.  I didn't order hoping to get feedback and maybe get a different perspective.  Glad my sentiments are shared but also bummed because it could be a really great project.

i mean obvs musical taste is completely an individual thing, but i really love the sound.  maybe because it's reminiscent of my highschool aesthetic.  i dig this album a lot!  for me it gets two thumbs up.

i mean obvs musical taste is completely an individual thing, but i really love the sound.  maybe because it's reminiscent of my highschool aesthetic.  i dig this album a lot!  for me it gets two thumbs up.

Hmm.  This is exactly why I thought it was a no brainer in my case.  Maybe I'll wait and see if those who aren't in love with it decide to toss them up for sale.  

• 1 month later...