official LateNightTales thread

I haven't seen a thread for these mixes and its criminal. I've been collecting these for years. For those who don't know the score, LateNightTales are compilation albums, each host artist picks their favorite songs, sometimes fine-tune them to their style, and include several of their own. The art cover is fucking bomb, the vinyl is always 2LP 180gram and it comes with a 12x12 print inside. They go for 26-32 but you get your moneys worth. Past artists include Royksopp, MGMT, Trentemoller, Groove Armada, Franz Ferdinand, Air, Four Tet, The Flaming Lips, etc. They are fairly limited, i've seen some around for awhile, but some pressings like the Belle & Sebastian editions are hard to find. 

the latest one on preorder sounds like it'll be my favorite:
Jon Hopkins- LateNightTales

the artwork alone is enough to make any hardy man nut. Few examples

AirLateNightTales.jpglnt-500x500.jpg

5113L9f90FL.jpg

11433592_500_500.jpg

artworks-000049937535-6ckol4-t500x500.jp

61MBAkhiHSL.jpg

Django.jpg
1272004418_1271949767_the-cinematic-orch

artworks-000078116814-znkoco-t500x500.jp

anyone else collect these beauties? 

hey didn't they do a large box set of these recently?

I was trying to get a friend to buy since he's a big fan (but a casual vinyl collector)

I think the box set was for the CD version, but they do have LP bundles which comes with about 4 LPs and a single or two for a great price, pretty much translates into one free record if you buy a vinyl set. Set 1 | Set 2 | Set 3. There's also a deluxe. Id totally jump all over these if I didn't already own a few from each set. 

I think the box set was for the CD version, but they do have LP bundles which comes with about 4 LPs and a single or two for a great price, pretty much translates into one free record if you buy a vinyl set. Set 1 | Set 2 | Set 3. There's also a deluxe. Id totally jump all over these if I didn't already own a few from each set. 

http://latenighttales.co.uk/product.php/339/deluxe-vinyl-collection

isn't this one contain 14LPS?  isn't that the box set? or is it just 14LPS by themselves?

http://latenighttales.co.uk/product.php/339/deluxe-vinyl-collection

isn't this one contain 14LPS?  isn't that the box set? or is it just 14LPS by themselves?

I mean, it's the deluxe deal, pretty much a box set without the box. I think they bundle them together in the packaging but there's no "box" included. Or maybe there is a box. I think there would be a picture of it but I can't be 100 percent sure.

Hell of a deal on the deluxe! I have some of these. How long have they been doing these bundles? Great way to snatch a few at a time

No idea how long but it's awesome. I think for someone who doesn't have any of them its worth their hard earned money. The mixes are tremendous, how can any collector pass these up?

Some of the selections from the Nightshift mix have only been issued once, as 7's, therefore that release would be only the second time some of them have been pressed. I remember reading an interview from the guy that mixed that one.

Some releases come with an included 7' separate from any of them, my Franz F. edition came with a 7' Carrie Cleveland 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...