Burwen Transient Noise Eliminator

Guest Haywood Yablome

Guest Haywood Yablome

are we "audiofools" or "DJ-apes"?  I don't think we can be both.

I STRONGLY sense GOING SOLELY BY THE BANDS MENTIONED all over this place (yes- most of which I never heard of and are thus recent AND MOST-ASSUREDLY TRIPE) that this is a

young man forum.

wET BEHIND THE EARS, LOIKES.(When it comes to music knowledge/appreciation , that is.)

Young man in this context usually equates to DJ-worship.

Okay, maybe I go too far on the audiophile angle - I have not yet visited any of the relevant audio places on this forum. I'm at fault of ASSUMING there is much audio-fodder love here . (One would think a vinyl-collecting forum would put the music beefwhore the playback paraphernalia.)

Perhaps you should realize that both my forums are rather heavy into berating alienlifeform audiofool behaviour.

1)  The age range on this forum probably averages in the mid to late 20s.  I happen to be 34.  By your definition, that may make me a young man.  However, you are the one behaving immaturely. Why are you here?

2) Anybody who really appreciates music is capable in appreciating whether it was recorded yesterday, or at the dawn of time.  Good music is good music.  If the kids aren't spinning your favorite tune, maybe you should recommend a few gems from your time.  They may appreciate it.  If you don't want to do that, why are you here?

3) "Playback paraphanalia" is what facilitates the playback of the music.  There are definately people out in the world do nothing but listen to well-recorded, diana-krall-live-in-my-livingroom tripe on their $500,000 audio systems, but they tend to be old farts with the means to do so. 

As most of the users here are relatively young, the focus is mostly on beginner setups and getting the most bang for your buck so you can get on with it and enjoy the music.  P.S.  You made an audio-gear related post in the audio gear section of a vinyl collecting forum.  Why are you here?

4)  Perhaps YOU should realize that mindlessly berating people is not acceptable behavior.  Why are you here?  Perhaps you're not welcome on your other forums?

I am here to prompt people to question their musical taste.

How's that going so far?  Rather than lead with insults, you should consider making some constructive posts and share what you're into.  For the record.  That prog rock thread where you refer to everybody as "CHILDREN" is not a constructive post.

Nobody who is into music enough to spend significant money on their record collection likes to be told that their taste sucks.

Guest Haywood Yablome

If people SERIOUSLY want to be educated in a perhaps alternate take on music - specifically that 60s/70s was way more fullfilling and more faceted than today's massive output; instead of my proselytizing here - which would be a LOT of effort on my part - I could direct to a site or two.

-----------------

Trouble is that the likelihood is high that FORUMpeople like youself are into arguement, not so much the opening of eyes.

--------------------

Honestly now. Are you going to give any forum which I suggest more than a cursory looksee?

Here is a good spill:

even though this forum has been dead for a while, there is a lot to be learned for those putting pinkies into such waters. Best yet, its one of those prog/psych places few know of:

Galactic Zoo at YahooGroups.

I'm relatively open minded and into various genres.  I don't know a great deal about psychadelic aside from owning the first Nuggets collection and seeing Roky Erickson a few times.  Most of my exposure to stuff in the 60s/70's are proto punk bands like the Sonics or the Flaming Groovies.

FYI - you are still using insults.  "people like you are into arguement".  You could just as easily imparted the information above without the abrasive tilt and had a chance to be effective.  It really just sounds like you are looking for arguements.

Guest Haywood Yablome

Wot you mean by that?

Seems to be very busy to me.

Other forums Ive been on it takes a day or two to get some answer.

(Busiest forum Ive encountered is Hoffman. Numbers there are incredible. That is because they basically only talk of Paul mcCartney.)

------------

Anyhoots.....gone, far, far from Burwen here.

Guest Haywood Yablome

Nuggetts - common mistake.

This is a GARAGE comp., not psych.

------------

Although it IS fact that psych came immediately out of the Texas garage scene.

Yeah, Kim died a few weeks ago .  Not sure if it ever happened, but at one point I read that Kim was interested in doing something a local band, the Mystery Girls.

http://youtu.be/cwmVjF5ohs0

Some of these kids are as young as 19.

Roky is still alive as far as I know.  He still tours.

Nor does his gear make sense. Revolver turntables are really high end, I thought. I can't find anything on a Yamaha Y77 that isn't a dirt bike related. And Grado makes tons of cartridges.

The Revolver Replay from what I have read looks quite a nice table but I haven't actually seen one in the flesh or heard one. The Revolver Rebel which is what I expect Haywood has is a different matter. The ones made now are reasonable but the originals from the 80's and 90's were one of the worst if not the worst sounding British cottage industry decks made, flat as a run over turd, the main bearing was woeful and the platter was made of wood chip and just didn't work.

I've bought loads of them over the years and broken them up for the lids if they have one and the arm's as they either have Revolver badged Jelco's, Linn Basik Plus's or Rega RB250's on. the rest just gets moved on and sometimes into the bin if it's a poor condition one.

Musically though without the berating, insults and strange prose this is getting interesting so please carry on I shall make sure I'm in a comfy chair with some beer and nibbles.

As I was born in 68 (making me old people round here) the 60's and 70's are a period I haven't got deep enough into musically and I want to learn more, especially as the differences of what was out there under the radar of the mainstream was very different over this side of the Atlantic to that side.

I take it back. I've just read the the Prog post Tardcore referred to above.

Utter Bollocks, beer and nibbles back in the fridge then.

I'm kind of in the same boat. 

I'm all for getting some good discussion going and learning more about good tunes, but this guy's approach is basically like walking into a bar, punching a regular in the face, and telling them to buy you a drink.  I don't get it.

I'm kind of in the same boat. 

I'm all for getting some good discussion going and learning more about good tunes, but this guy's approach is basically like walking into a bar, punching a regular in the face, and telling them to buy you a drink.  I don't get it.

Yes very good analogy, I get the feeling there is some good knowledge in there it's just that it's going to be painful and frustrating to get it out.

• 3 weeks later...