Burwen Transient Noise Eliminator

Guest Haywood Yablome

Guest Haywood Yablome

I have a record cleaning machine.

And I am one of the FEW to inform you - on, say, an audiofool forum : save your money.

They are not what they are hyped to be.

I have a record cleaning machine.

And I am one of the FEW to inform you - on, say, an audiofool forum : save your money.

They are not what they are hyped to be.

Apart from the obvious which machine and what cleaning fluid type questions do you actually know how to use it?

I'm not trying to be an arse but the only people I have met who were not impressed with what a proper vacuum record washing machine can do were either not using it right or labouring under the misapprehension it would magically fix wear and damage to records.

Guest Haywood Yablome

Yes,yes. A RCM will do nothing about surface wear. Given.

Not gonna go there.

This thread is being derailed.

Talk Burwen.

(You want to talk cleaning records; start up yet another thread on that subject and I will go there.)

Yes,yes. A RCM will do nothing about surface wear. Given. Not gonna go there. This thread is being derailed. Talk Burwen. (You want to talk cleaning records; start up yet another thread on that subject and I will go there.)

Dude, you're the one that derailed it by your first reply to Tardcore. 

Guest Haywood Yablome

From Burwen Research pamphlet ('82):

"The cheaper click & pop devices eliminate the transient, but leave an audible gap in the perceived sound. The Burwen 7000 bridges and smooths those gaps with an ambient signal . You cannot hear any gap in the music."

The thread I read (here) acknowledged the manufacturer's claims but outlined how it worked based on the patent/schematic and went on to say that in practice it just doesn't work all the time.

as far as your forum policing, discussion on the root cause of pops/clicks is 100% reasonable.

which of course brings us back to...which RCM do you use?

Guest Haywood Yablome

Burwen also made the Dynamic Noise Filter 1201. A hiss-reducer which works especially good on tape-source. (Trouble is, it is a broadband noise reduction - much like the DBX 2BX which I use on all sources - so you get breathing.)

I use a (lowly) MANUAL Nitty Gritty Model One. (wood case). There you have it.

It helps to clean your records.  I don't have a single record that didn't get enhanced by cleaning it up!

Get a better cartridge and / or turntable setup...ticks and pops can get reduced while getting a substantial jump in sound quality.

Better than investing in ticks/pop fixing device that is bound to play with sonics.

Guest Haywood Yablome

I have eight turntables , ridiculously cheap that I'm sure the audiofools on this forum would beam with superiority were I to list them.....which I now shall:

My best turntable, I suppose is the UK Revolver with Grado cartridge.

-----------------

But I really like Duals and have three - 1226 gets the most use.

--------------------

Two Technics - but neither are the select ones you DJ-apes drool over.

--------------------

A Fisher linear.

----------------------

I have two listening rooms. The main one has a Yamaha Y-77 with old Stanton cartridge.

Got a Sony turntable wot I never use.

He makes no sense. He says he isn't a scientist, took 4 years of chemistry, and then says he worked in the field for 20 years. Which is it?

If you read his posts they all allude to a story being built. Notice how his posts here are normal and then progress into the weird and crazy? His posts on the other threads are almost a complete different vernacular.