Buckethead - Population Override - AVAILABLE NOW

topher

Branching off from this thread.

http://www.amazon.com/POPULATION-OVERRIDE-BUCKETHEAD/dp/B00QMJ2Y5M?tag=viglink20248-20

I am pretty much speechless over this. This is the ONE album I would magically wish into existence if I could, because I was sure the chances of it being pressed were zero. I have never been so happy about a round piece of plastic in my life.

(squeals giddily)

According to Norman at ION Records, this is a 2xLP in a gatefold sleeve. Also there's bonus tracks from some Cobra Strike records. (Which I don't really get, but whatever.) Limited to 1000.

Listen here if you haven't. FFO: blues/funk/jazz/jazz-fusion/10-minute brain-bending jams, etc.

Edited by topher

Oh, nice.

Maybe I'll end up picking up the non-deluxe version whenever that drops, too. I think this would be a nicer package overall without bonus tracks. Maybe do a double-LP at 45rpm?

ION also released Shin Terai's Unison way back when. Would love a pressing of that to come out of all this, too.

Oh, nice.

Maybe I'll end up picking up the non-deluxe version whenever that drops, too. I think this would be a nicer package overall without bonus tracks. Maybe do a double-LP at 45rpm?

ION also released Shin Terai's Unison way back when. Would love a pressing of that to come out of all this, too.

I did ask him in a reply to this what made the Deluxe vs non-deluxe.

I figure it'll be the gatefold plus bonus songs makes it deluxe.

More exciting is the prospect of other Buckethead vinyl pressings! let's hope this does well!

just some more background info on the release: 

as per Travis Dickerson himself: from this thread --> www.tdrsmusic.com/forum2/index.php?topic=2866.0

"
I know ION records was planning a Population Override vinyl and ran into these same issues. So they were contemplating a double album but that may have been too much trouble so I'm not sure what became of it. It's been over a year since I heard anything.
"

&

"
Norman asked me last year if I had any more material from the PO sessions he could use on the vinyl. I didn't so looks like he padded it with some Cobra Strike and other ION records. That's kind of too bad because I don't consider those related at all. But I have no stake in the PO record having given up the recording as a favor ( long story for another day). I hadn't heard anything about the final outcome, he doesn't maintain an ION website as far as I know. So it's interesting to see it's appearance on Amazon.
"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...