So i finally heard Russian Circles last night

No, not scene like scene kids and shit, I'm not saying they're crap or anything, it's just as soon as a band has been in NME over here loads of people start banging on about them and it just makes me want to run a mile, I didn't mean to say Russian Circles were shit, loads of good bands eventually end up in NME, it's just the people that NME attracts put me off.

Guest falloutcollapse
Awesome band. Too bad they have never played a under-17+ headlining show in Chicago EVER.

too bad you don't live here, as they are playing a ALL AGES club.

UGHHHHH haha, they're from Chicago, so I really want them just to play an all-ages show for me. But I understand why they don't.

Guest falloutcollapse

UGHHHHH haha, they're from Chicago, so I really want them just to play an all-ages show for me. But I understand why they don't.

I saw them open for Minus the Bear at an all-ages show and the crowd was fucking pathetic. A bunch of high school scenesters talking through the whole set.

Exactly. It really bums me out when my favorite bands don't play all-ages shows, but it bums me out even more when kids go to their shows as just something to do, and disrespect the bands I love.

Guest falloutcollapse

^No dude, they were supposed to be at Virgil's on the 15th but I haven't heard anything about that. I want mine so bad, you have no idea.

hopefully they have that bass player situation taken care of, but still, even though it would be damn near impossible, i'd love for them just get brian cook half the time and these arms are snakes the other. you know, like how these arms are snakes did with erin tate from minus the bear.

Erin Tate only played on the second record, Oxeneers. Ben Verellen from Harkonen (now Helm's Alee) was their touring drummer until Chris Common joined the band. But yeah, Brian Cook with Russian Circles is pure badassery. I've seen them with him playing bass twice, and it ruled completely both times.

I saw them open for Minus the Bear at an all-ages show and the crowd was fucking pathetic. A bunch of high school scenesters talking through the whole set.

Exactly. It really bums me out when my favorite bands don't play all-ages shows, but it bums me out even more when kids go to their shows as just something to do, and disrespect the bands I love.

taking this a bit personal don't you think? ;)

luckily this town doesnt have too many scenester kids...well at least at most of the shows i go to there are very few.....I think the reason being is that most of the clubs here are 21+ and it's been like that for so long that the mentality here is if youre not 21 or don't have a fake id, then don't bother, so the ALL AGES clubs usually have older crowds anyway.. at least in my experience