Pink Floyd The Man and The Journey Zebra Records

but how is youtube telling you anything about that vinyl.   track-listing, maybe.   but who's to say the vinyl is the same source. same quality.  same edits......

This is a good point. I only spent a few minutes looking, but I couldn't find any info about a pressing of this by Zebra Records.

I've also been drinking and have a limited attention span, but with this many versions of this, it would be helpful to know if some are better than others.

but how is youtube telling you anything about that vinyl. track-listing, maybe. but who's to say the vinyl is the same source. same quality. same edits......

This is true, but it at least is some idea of the how the performance is. Guess it's just going to end up with me chancing it. Obviously the performance must be good as it's been duplicated multiple times. The one weird thing about the one I saw is it says it's a promotional copy? Thought that was kind of weird for a bootleg.

This isn't going to help you a whole lot, as I don't know about this particular release, but this is from a radio show. There are two versions that are widely booted, the sound board version(good), and the recorded off the radio onto tape and then booted version(bad). I have a digital copy of the sound board version and that's the one in the you tube video. I've heard tracks off of the radio copy and they were considerably worse. The sound board version is considered to be the best boot of the man and journey shows. It really sucks that this was supposed to be Umagumma, but for whatever reasons it didn't happen...

This isn't going to help you a whole lot, as I don't know about this particular release, but this is from a radio show. There are two versions that are widely booted, the sound board version(good), and the recorded off the radio onto tape and then booted version(bad). I have a digital copy of the sound board version and that's the one in the you tube video. I've heard tracks off of the radio copy and they were considerably worse. The sound board version is considered to be the best boot of the man and journey shows. It really sucks that this was supposed to be Umagumma, but for whatever reasons it didn't happen...

Thanks! This is the type of info I was fishing for. Greatly appreciated!

Found this album at my local shop, and can't seem to find much about it. Anyone know if it's a good quality bootleg?

I've had this bootleg - both the single LP and the double LP version. They both sound horrible, I mean the source is an old ROIO which is not very good to begin with. You're better off just downloading the ROIO. There are a couple of versions floating around the internet.

I've had this bootleg - both the single LP and the double LP version. They both sound horrible, I mean the source is an old ROIO which is not very good to begin with. You're better off just downloading the ROIO. There are a couple of versions floating around the internet.

Nice info, just found the Pink Floyd ROIO database, so looks like I'm set. Thanks!

Now I think you owe a certain someone an apology!

You talking about that admin? Nope, thats not the first time he has been a prick too me, that's why I got so pissed. He can still delete my ass if he wants. However some of you were nice, and trolled better than others, so from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry. 8}>

You talking about that admin? Nope, thats not the first time he has been a prick too me, that's why I got so pissed. He can still delete my ass if he wants. However some of you were nice, and trolled better than others, so from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry. 8}>

Typically, these semi-vague threads start with GIFs and then lead to helpful info. 

You have to pay the troll toll.

2ab6d485836a9c51e5fbf4265f6a9d8d.jpg

And Since now we want to talk about music, Pink Floyd is overindulgent frat rock that rates a half notch above Brand New on the intolerable scale. But that's my opinion.

That's exactly how I feel. One band I don't quite get, although from what I've heard of their early psych stuff, I might be able to get into it.

That's exactly how I feel. One band I don't quite get, although from what I've heard of their early psych stuff, I might be able to get into it.

I am into the earlier stuff for the most part. I think you need to think about Pink Floyd in the time they were doing this stuff, just way ahead of it's time. I am really into a lot of proggresive rock, so they sort of come with the territory. A lot of the early prog bands heavily influenced metal which I am also into quite a lot.

I am into the earlier stuff for the most part. I think you need to think about Pink Floyd in the time they were doing this stuff, just way ahead of it's time. I am really into a lot of proggresive rock, so they sort of come with the territory. A lot of the early prog bands heavily influenced metal which I am also into quite a lot.

One of the things that have made me want to reevaluate them has been the recent stoner/doom/sludge covers of Set Your Controls on the Heart of the Sun.

So good.