PO Coming Soon: LUNA ‘Long Players (92-99)’ 6xLP Box Set

On May 27, 2016 at 5:35 PM, eduardo said:

Kind of a bummer that this went straight from early pre-order status to being sold out with no updates from the label.  I totally would have grabbed one, but like others I'm assuming, I was waiting for some more concrete info.  Guess I'll wait for the black vinyl set this fall...  seems a little suspicious that 2000 of these would have sold out on white vinyl?

The pre-order for this went up in like December.

I emailed them on Monday (as I hadn't received notification, either). They said they were sending them out in order of preorder (I preordered the first day). They sent me a tracking number they would use when it shipped. 

It shipped out two days ago, and arrived today. I never did receive an actual "we shipped your order" email though. 

18 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

So did I. It will probably ship in 3 weeks. Pretty par for CT with labels

yup, wouldn't doubt it.

I ordered something from them last winter (it was a record that had been out for some time) and tracking didn't update for the longest time - like nearly a month. finally i e-mailed and complained and they claimed a drop off to their post office went missing. tracking updated the next day.

i try to avoid ordering w/ them whenever possibly.

2 hours ago, kindredwaif said:

yup, wouldn't doubt it.

I ordered something from them last winter (it was a record that had been out for some time) and tracking didn't update for the longest time - like nearly a month. finally i e-mailed and complained and they claimed a drop off to their post office went missing. tracking updated the next day.

i try to avoid ordering w/ them whenever possibly.

21 hours ago, kindredwaif said:

i got my shipping notice on friday... no updates though (yet)

anyone wanna share pics, etc.?

I am in the same situation: they sent me an email last friday, but the status has not changed since then ("pre-shipment info sent to USPS") Do you have any other news about? 

8 hours ago, Fran said:

I am in the same situation: they sent me an email last friday, but the status has not changed since then ("pre-shipment info sent to USPS") Do you have any other news about? 

not really. if it doesn't update after some time, perhaps email them.

honestly its possible they say its shipped and they just haven't physically taken it to the post office yet.

They sent me this email, yesterday:

"We are currently waiting for more sets to arrive from the pressing plant, as our first shipment from them was incomplete. We hope to receive them later this week, at which point more orders will go out. I apologize for the delay. Once your order does leave our facility, it will ship with a new tracking number from the one you received before . Thanks!"

2 hours ago, Fran said:

They sent me this email, yesterday:

"We are currently waiting for more sets to arrive from the pressing plant, as our first shipment from them was incomplete. We hope to receive them later this week, at which point more orders will go out. I apologize for the delay. Once your order does leave our facility, it will ship with a new tracking number from the one you received before . Thanks!"

This has been quite the shit show to watch. I placed my order more than a year ago now, and I'm guessing I'm looking at another month or two of waiting. And yes, I knew when I placed my order that they weren't expecting to have it for at least six or eight months, but it's now been 12+. May as well be a Kickstarter.

Edited by slipcraig

28 minutes ago, slipcraig said:

This has been quite the shit show to watch. I placed my order more than a year ago now, and I'm guessing I'm looking at another month or two of waiting. And yes, I knew when I placed my order that they weren't expecting to have it for at least six or eight months, but it's now been 12+. May as well be a Kickstarter.

I got the exact same canned response from CT. Why in the fuck mark it shipped then?

1 hour ago, slipcraig said:

Except they didnt put pre orders up a year ago

Yes its been a shit show but pre orders went up in Dec

They just sent out another update email:

Well, we thought we were at the finish line with our last update -- turns out, we weren't! If you have already received your Long Players Box Set, this email does not apply to you. If you have not, we have an update below.

When we sent out our last update, we had already received a partial shipment of the box sets with a promise from the pressing plant that the remainder were already on the way.  Unfortunately, days later, the pressing plant informed us that there was an issue with a significant amount of the copies of Pup Tent. Gotta Groove is an audiophile pressing plant that listen to the LPs as they are pressed. Towards the tail end of the pressing, the Pup Tent vinyl started to emit three significant pops during playback and Gotta Groove was not comfortable shipping out inferior vinyl to us. They have now re-cut and re-tested Pup Tentand are working on getting the remainder of the Box Sets to us, but due to production and transit times, we are still a few weeks away from all orders shipping.

We are as disappointed in this development as any of our customers, and deeply regret the continued delay.  We know that many of our you are very excited about this release (as are we), and we will continue to work as quickly as possible to get these sets out to everybody that ordered them.  We at Captured Tracks greatly appreciate your patronage and support of our label.  Thank you.

If you would like to cancel your order and receive a refund, you can still do so by emailing [email protected] with your Order Number at any time.

With Gratitude,
Everyone at Captured Tracks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...