PO/TP: The Playing Favorites "I Remember..." LP

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i met joey last night (er earlier tonight) at the lawrence arms show. i mentioned that i preordered the playing favorites record, and he seemed really stoked about it. we chatted a little bit about the album, and all. super super super nice guy. i was so excited. i couldn't believe it!

Good god, was everyone at the Saturday show? I opted for Sunday (for several reasons) and all I heard from people was who was there Saturday and who wasn't coming Sunday. It was like some sort of redheaded step child.

i met joey last night (er earlier tonight) at the lawrence arms show. i mentioned that i preordered the playing favorites record, and he seemed really stoked about it. we chatted a little bit about the album, and all. super super super nice guy. i was so excited. i couldn't believe it!

Good god, was everyone at the Saturday show? I opted for Sunday (for several reasons) and all I heard from people was who was there Saturday and who wasn't coming Sunday. It was like some sort of redheaded step child.

who was there?

who was there?

Justin from Punknews (who I talk to when he lets me), most of the Fat staff, apparently Joey Cape.

Just seems everyone I talked to went on Saturday.

I really like the album, but the changing of vocalists hurts the overall flow of the album as a whole...I dunno. All the songs are solid, but it just feels like there is some sort of disconnect across the entire body of work...

agreed. i think i'm going to try listening to it re-sequenced with the vocalists matched up a bit closer and see how that comes across...

I really like the album, but the changing of vocalists hurts the overall flow of the album as a whole...I dunno. All the songs are solid, but it just feels like there is some sort of disconnect across the entire body of work...

agreed. i think i'm going to try listening to it re-sequenced with the vocalists matched up a bit closer and see how that comes across...

Good idea, let me know how that works out.

Guest baseball

this is a really good album, it's kind of a lot to absord at first with all the different vocalists and what not but this sinks in great

"Drug Hugger" "Citizen's Band" "Indigenous" are all amazing songs