WTB Turnover, Isis - Peripheral Vision, Oceanic

SunsetDramaKing17

Hey thanks and good luck on the search. I do have 3 copies, 5, 6, 8th press; never heard early presses on vinyl but word is 'muted or muddy' vs RP/RM with drums more pronounced. Early fans know those pressings as 'what it supposed to sound like' and prefer earlier. I listen to 6th press Clear vinyl which sounds great, same as 5th Splatter. Recent press I was bummed that grit got on one disc of Panopticon and Oceanic, and Clear not Haze, so they have some surface noise. I really have more experience on Panopticon so let me PM a friend who has the most ISIS everything and report back. OP may want to dig up the Oceanic thread and read opinions.

Hey thanks and good luck on the search. I do have 3 copies, 5, 6, 8th press; never heard early presses on vinyl but word is 'muted or muddy' vs RP/RM with drums more pronounced. Early fans know those pressings as 'what it supposed to sound like' and prefer earlier. I listen to 6th press Clear vinyl which sounds great, same as 5th Splatter. Recent press I was bummed that grit got on one disc of Panopticon and Oceanic, and Clear not Haze, so they have some surface noise. I really have more experience on Panopticon so let me PM a friend who has the most ISIS everything and report back. OP may want to dig up the Oceanic thread and read opinions.

Wow. Thanks so much for all this.

user: 'seku' here is going total completist on Isis, for years and years, and he really wasn't strong on any particular release, but says word in Europe is TNO release preferred. Bottom line: get the one that looks best to you - they all sound good.

BTW, my Clear listening copy - got the discs from Morfiend here (no jacket, but in their heavy duty inner sleeves), and RE had extra Oceanic jackets for $5 on their site forever - which was the same 6th pressing. So when they did their 30% off Christmas sale in 2013, I just tacked an Oceanic jacket in there and voila! :)

• 3 weeks later...