Amazon sold more turntables than any other audio product this Xmas

• 2 weeks later...

No worries, now go get it done and report back

We want a full report mind, with photo's, diagrams and text to explain your working.

This will aid the rest of the class immensely.

Well, before trying anything I moved my setup to another room, and surprisingly the sibilance issue is no longer there. Possibly because the room I had my setup in had more bare walls in it or less furniture to absorb sound? Or possibly it was a bit bigger thus forcing me to use more volume than sounded correct? Whatever the solution was, everything sounds balanced and well paired now.. possible mystery of the ages.

Your turntable was most likely not perfectly level if it was that simple.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/turntable-level-never-take-it-for-granted.371935/

Thing is, I picked up a level a while back and had constantly kept a check on that, but since I moved it, I have it sitting on an entirely separate piece of furniture by itself so it's isolated as best it can be. Whatever the reasoning, I'm just happy it's fixed with no further investment until I am ready to upgrade instead of feeling like I need to asap.