Can't connect turntable, preamp and amp?

This is my setup. The Crosley is disgusting and unacceptable, I know. I know. For right now it's all I've got though (as I save up for a "big boy turntable") so it'll have to do.

8xgKYHU.jpg

Turntable --> Preamp Input / Preamp Output --> Amp AUX (As seen in the photos below)

aH8PwP2.jpg

wCX2lvn.jpg

Here is where I am stuck. If I keep the turntable switched to "phono" it obviously enables the built in phono/speakers and plays out of there (and not out of my headphones - I currently have no speakers) and if I switch it to "In Line" the platter won't spin at all.

Am I doing something wrong here? I'm currently in the process of putting together my first proper setup so I'm sorry if these are "noob" questions, but I have nobody else to ask.

The line-in is to hook something up to the table to play through the built in speakers.

Ok, which means I have to keep the table itself on "phono"? With that being said, is there any reason why I might not be getting the signal to my amp to be able to listen through my headphones? I don't believe I've made any mistakes in regards to the interconnections themselves.

No signal at all? You are sending an amplified signal to the pre-amp and bumping it up more, which might be causing issues. I doubt there is a way to bypass the Crosley's internal preamp. 

No signal at all? You are sending an amplified signal to the pre-amp and bumping it up more, which might be causing issues. I doubt there is a way to bypass the Crosley's internal preamp. 

You've saved me the pain in the ass of taking my Crosley apart in search of an "off" switch for the built in preamp then, thanks! I'm buying a secondhand pair of speakers and stands next week when I get paid, then it's just a matter of saving up for my new turntable itself.

Line in is the small 3.5mm input jack and line out is from the phono's, I suspect when you switch to line in it's disabling the turntable and expecting an input from the 3.5 jack.

The turntable output I expect is line level and using the Crosley's internal; phono stage so going from it into a proper phono stage won't work,  I expect the off board phono stage is shutting down as the input is too high, that or it's just offended that you've plugged a Crosley into it.

Just plug the Crosley into any other input on your amp, it's still going to sound shite but it will work.

Also hasn't your Nad already got a phono stage in it or is the Disc input just the preferred line level input to plug your off board phono stage into?

That or it's just offended that you've plugged a Crosley into it. (SAVAGE)

Also hasn't your Nad already got a phono stage in it or is the Disc input just the preferred line level input to plug your off board phono stage into?

I could be wrong but I don't believe it does. If it did, I'd want to bypass it in favor of the external phono pictured. I'm guessing the issue is the turntable's phono can't be bypassed and that's why it's not working which is fine, I don't NEED to be able to use the preamp right now. I bought it for when I upgrade my turntable.