What would you recomend for an mp3 player

Guest kevinb

Guest kevinb

I hate my ipod & i cant belive i havent chucked this peice of shit

against the wall, I bought it brand new & since then it has been turned in to apple 3 times, and i have gotten a brand new one each time, it constantly freezes and randomly will do what ever it wants....

I have heard good things on zune's... any thoughts?

I love my iPod. I have a shuffle and a 30gb and both have been great for me. I will say I'm a basic (low needs) consumer. I don't do anything too intense with them, (exercise, work and occasionally in the car) and I don't consider myself the highest level audiophile but for basic use, I've never had a single problem.

don't go running with your ipod unless you have an armband for it or something. it screws it up.

I do have an armband but that's what I use the shuffle for. Someone made a good point, it's basically a hard drive (the regular/classic iPod) and would you take a hard drive and shake it for 30 minutes?

Yeah...Probably not.

I always liked iRiver's, though they are a bit more expensive. Mine lasted for 4 years before it accidentally got fried when charging (houses fault not the product). I have never had an ipod, but if you don't have to use itunes on it and can just drag and drop they are probably your best bet unless you need useless features like flac and such.

I actually like Zune aside from the embarassingly bad software.

I've never had a problem with anything I buy from Creative ever. Great company.

Get an iPod if you want your music player to also have lame games, a calculator, toaster, alarm clock and grappling hook.

Really, what you should do, is focus less on the DAP itself and get a headphone amplifier and a really good pair of headphones.