Popsike.....

scottdeathsquad

wow. people use popsike that much?

of all the sites on the internet, thats probably the one that i wish the servers would explode the most.

I guess so....I only use it before making offers on records.

same. i use it as a guide to base offers on, yes i take into account it is ebay prices, but most of the rarer ones I price are only found via ebay.

and a vinyl purchase i made is on there. can i have some internet money now?

seems like it wouldnt be the most cost efficient to base offers on that, since that is the highest of the high, and you can find 90% of the stuff on there for a lot cheaper.

and some aren't really recent, example, a record selling for a certain price on 2005-07-26, chances are the price wouldn't be the same now.

I see where you guys are coming from. However you can get a good idea if a record is in the $7-$10 range or $50-$100 range. The records I was going to make an offer on, I only ever had on CD or cassette. They are older records, that I have never even thought about picking up. Someone posted a list of stuff for sale, and I would rather not make a lowball offer on something I have no clue on. I understand that records go up in down in price. You can also compare prices from 05 vs 07/08. That is what the site is for.

I often take every price of a record I want to make an offer on then work out the Average price. Good way to work out how much to offer someone.
Exactly! Say in 2006 it went for $30 and now it goes for $15....I would probably offer $20. the site has never let me down.....until now haha.