The Make A Vinyl Playlist For Me Thread

I tend to think of my collection in a very specific way (what I've played recently, moods, genres, etc.) so I tend to pull out a similar set of records every Saturday or as I do work. So I thought it'd be a cool way to share my collection and let you "pull out" a few records and make a playlist for me to listen to.

https://www.discogs.com/user/MCDELTAT/collection

My collection is relatively small and monolithic, so not sure how great it'll be. Feel free to drop a link to your collection, especially if you have a large collection and see what kinda playlist comes out. It might remind us of all the gems we have tucked away. GO!?

5 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

My collection is relatively small and monolithic, so not sure how great it'll be.

I think you're looking for a different word here...

somewhat uniform maybe? Of one genre? As it is you're just contradicting the statement that its small by saying it's also huge.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

5 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Maybe.... I was thinking of it being mostly one genre and thus "indivisible" or "difficult to separate". All my definitions of words are computer definitions. 

I can see how it would work in that context, but even as indivisible it still means something large and indivisible. It's whatever though.

Sufjan and Chamberlain are pretty much the only things in there I'd say take out and listen to right now, so there's my suggestion.

link

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I can see how it would work in that context, but even as indivisible it still means something large and indivisible. It's whatever though.

Sufjan and Chamberlain are pretty much the only things in there I'd say take out and listen to, so there's my suggestion.

Delete yourself Randy for not picking Kraftwerk!

Mcdeltat. I know this isn't what you're asking for but your collection looks like it's in dire need of Talking Heads' Remain In Light

5 minutes ago, 74R said:

Mcdeltat. I know this isn't what you're asking for but your collection looks like it's in dire need of Talking Heads' Remain In Light

I must have missed Kraftwerk in there. Don't even remember seeing it!

15 minutes ago, 74R said:

Word. I really enjoy that album actually. Just been meaning to add older records in there. Also been meaning to pick up more Kraftwerk. High School Theatre teacher had a vinyl collection in his room with plenty of it.