Southern Lord Appreciation/Un-Appreciation thread

now is it just me, or is southern lord on of the cooler labels out there, but has the weirdest way of promoting stuff, or saying stuff is gonna come out in may (like the new Earth LP) and then it being close to july and not hearing anything about it, Also, give me Two Hunters on vinyl right now.

theyre definitely not my favorite label, but they put out some good stuff. im really looking forward to the SunnO))) live 2xLP and the new full length. two hunters would be nice. id like to know what the hell is taking the new Earth record so long to come out.

aside from the quality music they release, every vinyl release has been top notch. packaging and artwork are given the highest priority.

Southern Lord has to be THE weirdest label for promotion ever. I notice I buy shit from them only when I visist the website cause god be damned they send out emails or anything. also HATE the single option of postage (which is very near to rape). But I love some bands they have on roster and there distro is always good too

some of the best releases, and some of the worst. great quality, horrific mail order. i haven't ordered anything direct from them in probably at least 6 months.

I ordered the Sunn/Boris Altar 3lp when they first went up, my package came all beat up, with some of the pages glued together, so I emailed them, the guy asked for pictures, I sent pictures, and then they gave me the run around for a couple months "Oh, they'll be here monday" or "They just came in, they're going out tomorrow" and then they completely stopped replying to my emails. :(