Vinyl Collective Podcast Episode 3 / Contest

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

Hello friends, the latest episode of the Vinyl Collective podcast is up! And I have no problem saying that this is the best episode yet. Not only did Justin and Andy do another stellar job, but yours truly added 2 new segments: Ask a band/label and Ask a VC Customer. This time around, I called Mike Park of Asian Man Records and talked shop with him and then later in the episode I called Andrew Hickey and we talked about collecting vinyl. Here's a brief recap of the episode:

* Justin and Andy play songs from Ninja Gun, Eyes and Ears, Ghost Town Trio, Mike Hale, LaGrecia, and Andrew Jackson Jihad.

* You will hear songs while Andy and Justin speak, the first person to correctly identify all of the Band and Song Names will win a $50 Gift Certificate. And Scott Heisel can't enter this time, sorry buddy! If no one correctly guesses all of the songs, we will pick one winner who got the most correct.

* I make a quick appearance at the end of the podcast (when Andy had to leave) and submitted 2 new segments (Ask a Label/Band and Ask a Customer)

* Andy and Justin discuss things going on at Vinyl Collective.

Click the link below to download the episode:

Episode 3 (http://vinylcollective.solidcasts.com/xml/download/1442/audio/3456/vc3.mp3)

And remember, you can always subscribe to the Podcast, by copying and pasting: feed://vinylcollective.solidcasts.com/xml/podcast/1438 into Itunes or wherever you listen to podcasts.

Guest Admin
wish I wasn't on dialup, ugh! Sounds like a good episode, I'll start downloading now, tell you how it was tomorrow, lol

dial up? Just making sure you know is 2008!

Dang, I swear it's still 1999! Yeah, it sucks, my only other option is satellite internet and that's pretty spendy! I live pretty deep into the woods, not really THAT deep, but deep enough so that we have no high speed internet, no cable, it's a joke. But iPhone will download the podcast while I do other things today and not hog all my precious Kb's of speed, haha

And Scott Heisel can't enter this time

ATTICA! ATTICA!

haha,

So looks like my lawrence arms collection will be growing alot because according to mike park those represses are "never ending".

good stuff. i guess i need to go back and download the 1st 2 podcasts that i missed.

overall good work guys. ninja gun sound good and i cant wait to get my ghost town trio 7"

the background music is way over my head, but I'm digging the podcast, like the music! Would almost be cool, if it were easy to do, is to have a section in the storefront for podcast featured bands, making it super easy to find them. Mainly because I can't find the ghost town trio 7", it's probably because it's now gone, but yeah. Anyways, cool interviews and I won't lie, I wasn't too familiar with any of these bands, but super siked on all of them! The ghost town trio, mike hale, andrew jackson jihad and lagrecia! Hot damn, this could hurt the wallet, waiting on a couple other vinyl releases I need to purchase before anything else, but yes, nice work!

Guest Admin
the background music is way over my head, but I'm digging the podcast, like the music! Would almost be cool, if it were easy to do, is to have a section in the storefront for podcast featured bands, making it super easy to find them. Mainly because I can't find the ghost town trio 7", it's probably because it's now gone, but yeah. Anyways, cool interviews and I won't lie, I wasn't too familiar with any of these bands, but super siked on all of them! The ghost town trio, mike hale, andrew jackson jihad and lagrecia! Hot damn, this could hurt the wallet, waiting on a couple other vinyl releases I need to purchase before anything else, but yes, nice work!

we are temporarily out of the ghost town trio 7"s, will get more soon. glad you dug the podcast. I think andy and justin are doing a rad job.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Admin

unstickied, Chris Birdwell, you are the winner of the $50 gift certificate! congrats. More people enter in #4, we only had one submission.