Save Your Money, This Week at Vinyl Collective

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

Every week is an adventure at Vinyl Collective and this week is no different. Consider this post your insight into the the inner workings of Vinyl Collective for the week. And this is my way of keeping everything straight.

I will be posting images of all of the new Second Nature vinyl that we have been accepting pre-orders for and a few that we will be announcing pre-orders for. There are some really great records ("Suicide Medicine" has never sounded better). Justin and our buddy Josh will be working all day and night to get these out today.

We also just received the first pressings of Lawrence Arms' "Ghost Stories" and "Guided Tour of Chicago". I will post photos of those later today and know that it is very likely that those will also be shipped out today.

Speaking of Lawrence Arms, we will be announcing a pre-order for a deluxe Lawrence Arms package that will contain "Cocktails and Dreams", repressings of "Ghost Stories" and "Guided Tour", a Lawrence Arms pint glass, button, t-shirt, and coozie, all for the low low price of $50. We will only have 100 sets and this might be your only way to get the shirt and pint glass (although we might end up with a few extra pint glasses).

Speaking of pre-orders, many of you have already heard, but we will be posting the pre-order for the upcoming album by the Gaslight Anthem "The 59 Sound" on Wednesday, July 9th, at Noon Pacific Standard Time. To answer some of your questions, we will only have the white vinyl (Vinyl Collective exclusive) for sale. You will have to go to the Side One Dummy store to get the Clear blue vinyl. They will be the only retailer carrying this color. We will get some black vinyl down the road, but we won't have them available for pre-order, at least I don't think so. And the Side One pre-order has a t-shirt bundled with the vinyl, but we will only have the vinyl.

In other pre-order news, today, I will be posting pre-orders for the repress of Every Time I Die's "The Big Dirty". We will have a small number of sets of both colors available but not many as the 2nd color will be a Hot Topic Exclusive. I will also be posting the Saves the Day "Sound the Alarm" vinyl which will be on an exclusive Vinyl Collective color.

In yet other pre-order news, we will be posting the pre-order for the repress of Tim Barry's "Laurel St Demos" either Tuesday or Wednesday. Things are looking good that we will be putting out the Tim and Josh playing live at the 2nd grade, Tim is just waiting on word from the principal and teacher and if we do it, proceeds will go to benefit the school which is really cool.

I will soon be posting the latest Detroit Cobras' vinyl, "The Original Recordings" which we have on white vinyl, black vinyl, and a really, really cool 6 x 7" boxset from Spain. I also just got in new vinyl from Matador (Libertines, British Sea Power, and Fiery Furnaces) plus restocks from Matador and Victory.

Guest Admin
virgil is a good man, a good man indeed.

does the lawrence arms set come with Cocktails and Dreams, Guided tour, Ghost stories and all that shit?

yes, they will have all 3 albums on vinyl and the other goodies.

Guest Admin
awesome.... are the Rocky V. represses going out today?

Justin and our buddy Josh will be working all day and night to get these out today.

virgil is a good man, a good man indeed.

does the lawrence arms set come with Cocktails and Dreams, Guided tour, Ghost stories and all that shit?

yes, they will have all 3 albums on vinyl and the other goodies.

Will there be any packages with just Cocktails & Dreams and the bonus stuff (i.e., everything but the represses)? Kinda digging the pint glass/shirt thing, but don't necessarily need extra copies of the other two albums :)

Guest Admin

I forgot to add that we are expecting LaGrecia vinyl to be delivered today. i will post photos if that does indeed happen. We hope to send these out tomorrow as we are way too busy today.

Guest Admin

and to answer the question about the larry arms vinyl package, we will only offer them as the set as noted above. We might have a few extra pint glasses and what not to sell separately but no guarantees.

Guest Admin
Fuck yeah, Detroit Cobras! I didn't even know they put that out. Are you getting the LP and Box Set or just the set?

all of the above.