DETROIT COBRAS "The Original Recordings" LP/7" set

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

DETROIT COBRAS "The Original Recordings" 7" import box set

DETROIT COBRAS "The Original Recordings" LP black vinyl

DETROIT COBRAS "The Original Recordings" LP white vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&key=detroit%2bcobras%2b%2522the%2boriginal%2brecordings%2522

Munster in Spain have been so kind as to collect all of the early singles and early recordings by the Detroit Cobras and put them out as an LP and as a 6 times 7" box set. The box set is pretty pricey, but from what we hear, the box set is super limited. The LP version is much more affordable. I love these old records and favor them to their latest. The recordings are much dirtier and a lot more sultry. I recommend this band to anyone who loves garage rock and roll with a 50's slant all fronted by a bad ass front woman.

here are some pictures to capture how they all turned out:

[image]

[image]

[image]

Guest Admin
seemed to me they went downhill after that one guy left who did all the arrangements. he went to the fondas, but they didn't have the same magic.

I wasn't aware that they had key lineup changes. Are the fondas any good? I love the 2 albums on Sympathy and the first one on Bloodshot, "Baby". The newest one, Tied and True, was just kind of boring in comparison.

seemed to me they went downhill after that one guy left who did all the arrangements. he went to the fondas, but they didn't have the same magic.

I wasn't aware that they had key lineup changes. Are the fondas any good? I love the 2 albums on Sympathy and the first one on Bloodshot, "Baby". The newest one, Tied and True, was just kind of boring in comparison.

i liked the frst 2 and the seven easy pieces EP. i got bored w/ baby and super bored w/ tied and true.

i thought i had read that steve shaw did the arrangements until he left, but i'm not positive. they've had kind of a revolving door lineup i think tho.

the fondas are same kind of deal as detroit cobras, i just wasn't as into them.

Guest Admin
is the white rarer?

I think the pressing of 1,000 was split between black and white and I think they are working on colored represses. I expect this one to be gone really quick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...