NYC Record Stores

Bleecker St. Records is a few blocks from Generation. Im pretty sure its owned by the same people. anyway, theyve got a decent selection downstairs. not as much hardcore/metal/punk and Generation, but probably worth checking out.

im interested in this thread too. i go into the city pretty often and basically only go to generation when im there. looking forward to hearing about some other good ones.

EDIT- oh yeah, the address. 239 Bleecker St

also, the record section downstairs closes like an hour before the actual store. so go to bleecker first, then generation.

Bleecker St. Records is a few blocks from Generation. Im pretty sure its owned by the same people. anyway, theyve got a decent selection downstairs. not as much hardcore/metal/punk and Generation, but probably worth checking out.

im interested in this thread too. i go into the city pretty often and basically only go to generation when im there. looking forward to hearing about some other good ones.

EDIT- oh yeah, the address. 239 Bleecker St

also, the record section downstairs closes like an hour before the actual store. so go to bleecker first, then generation.

I'm looking for "indie" records.

There's lots on st. Marks..

Kims has high prices for new but check out their used section...the people there don't know shit and you can grab some rare stuff on the cheap...they also have a great indie selection.

Then sounds its cool...I usually only get promo cd's for 88 cents there...they have a very limited vinyl selection... its on the same side as kims....up some stairs..it easy to miss.

There's also a small shop across the st from sounds...they've got a great jazz selection...its 99% used cds and records so I'm sure you'll find something...

Basically I start by getting off the 6 train @ astor place and go straight up st marks...hit the 3 record shops and the comic shop then make a right and stop @ love saves the day and check out the sweet vintage toys(really pricey but fun to look @) then make a right down the next st and walk until I hit other music...(which has a great indie selection) upon leving other, I keep walking until I hit thompson st and drop like 70$...I've got a friend who lives on thompson so I generally stop there and have a beer & check out my loot... sometimes I go hitup bleecker records...but they close way early and I'm usually too drunk @ that point to bother.

Enjoy....and have fun...this I find to be the best route...

There's lots on st. Marks..

Kims has high prices for new but check out their used section...the people there don't know shit and you can grab some rare stuff on the cheap...they also have a great indie selection.

Then sounds its cool...I usually only get promo cd's for 88 cents there...they have a very limited vinyl selection... its on the same side as kims....up some stairs..it easy to miss.

There's also a small shop across the st from sounds...they've got a great jazz selection...its 99% used cds and records so I'm sure you'll find something...

Basically I start by getting off the 6 train @ astor place and go straight up st marks...hit the 3 record shops and the comic shop then make a right and stop @ love saves the day and check out the sweet vintage toys(really pricey but fun to look @) then make a right down the next st and walk until I hit other music...(which has a great indie selection) upon leving other, I keep walking until I hit thompson st and drop like 70$...I've got a friend who lives on thompson so I generally stop there and have a beer & check out my loot... sometimes I go hitup bleecker records...but they close way early and I'm usually too drunk @ that point to bother.

Enjoy....and have fun...this I find to be the best route...

I'll have to do this route when I go. Unfortunately looks like plans have changed and I may not be going this weekend. I was really bummed.

i was all set to buy a record at kim's and they put the fucking price sticker on the actual sleeve!! i was so pissed i blurted this out pretty loud and a bunch of the workers heard me. good, hopefully they learn. needless to say i did not pick up the record.

i was all set to buy a record at kim's and they put the fucking price sticker on the actual sleeve!! i was so pissed i blurted this out pretty loud and a bunch of the workers heard me. good, hopefully they learn. needless to say i did not pick up the record.

That is pretty stupid of them. How can you fucking work at a record store, if you don't know how to handle records?

That bothers me but kims has a couple up sides...they have no clue about vinyl...so their used bin is dirt cheap (unf. This also means they sticker the sleeve sometimes) and they have some turntables so you can listen to the record before ya buy it, which is awesome for used records and open new records...