PO/TP: MISCHIEF BREW LP w/ Joe Jack Talcum,new 7"

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

MISCHIEF BREW/ JOE JACK TALCUM "Photographs" split LP grey vinyl

MISCHIEF BREW "Jobs in Steeltown" 7" mixed swirl vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&key=mischief%20brew

Late last week, I mentioned my newfound love for Mischief Brew and in that post, I said that I would soon have pre-orders up for two new Mischief Brew releases. Here they are. The first release is a split with Joe jack Talcum, the front man of the Dead Milkmen. The really cool thing about the split is that both acts do their own modern versions of Dead Milkmen songs. Having listened to it, i can say that this is a killer release and I really love the MB side.

The other release is a new 7" featuring two gritty, bluesy, somber ditties about the ups and downs of decay. The a-side ("Jobs in Steeltown") paints a grey picture of working class towns robbed of their work... yet that is only the first verse and feeble "revitalization" attempts follow. The b-side ("The Barrel") is for anyone that loves the sight of weeds growing through pavement cracks.

Both releases are great and the really great news is that we have a test pressing of each release for 2 lucky people. Purchase either record and you will be entered to win a copy of the test pressing. Good luck!