Cute Lepers "Can't Stand Modern Music" LP reissue

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't believe how relieved I was to not just see purple mess through the whole run. I feel like right now is a good time to try the Mixed Vinyl with United. They're running so much color that it seems like they've got a lot of stuff to toss on there.

Yeah, you got a really nice mix of colors...it just makes it more difficult for us collector scum.

I agree with t that the interpunk pink came out really delicious. I haven't spun it yet, are there any sound differences from the first run?

Color: Hooray for no purple mess. I like what No Idea does and understand how they can put out releases fer cheap, but, yeah... purple-grey mess gets old. (and hard to keep track of in my aging mind)

On the press quality: I lack the audiophile type equipment to really pick up any noticeable differences between the presses. (I did finally pick a mixer though) The pink one sounded just fine to me when it went round.

You wouldn't believe how relieved I was to not just see purple mess through the whole run. I feel like right now is a good time to try the Mixed Vinyl with United. They're running so much color that it seems like they've got a lot of stuff to toss on there.

Yeah, you got a really nice mix of colors...it just makes it more difficult for us collector scum.

I agree with t that the interpunk pink came out really delicious. I haven't spun it yet, are there any sound differences from the first run?

I listened to one of the purple copies to test it out and it sounded clear as a bell. I couldn't tell any difference between the two pressings.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine yesterday:

93 purple

12 redish purple mix

11 light green

The mailer was trashed (like crescent moon shaped)...somehow, the record were fine...very slight warp but play perfectly. Jackets have a few bends. All in all, very pleased. From the look of the mailer I was sure at least one of the records would've been broken.

Got mine yesterday:

93 purple

12 redish purple mix

11 light green

The mailer was trashed (like crescent moon shaped)...somehow, the record were fine...very slight warp but play perfectly. Jackets have a few bends. All in all, very pleased. From the look of the mailer I was sure at least one of the records would've been broken.

I guess that's good and bad news. I mail everything in new mailers and stamp them all "fragile" to try and make sure they get where they're going okay. I guess when the post man is determined nothing's going to stop him from his appointed rounds of fucking up a box. Glad the records are okay though.

Got mine yesterday:

93 purple

12 redish purple mix

11 light green

I guess that's good and bad news. I mail everything in new mailers and stamp them all "fragile" to try and make sure they get where they're going okay. I guess when the post man is determined nothing's going to stop him from his appointed rounds of fucking up a box. Glad the records are okay though.

Oh yeah, this was all post office...you've always taken great care with my orders. It's funny, there's a big dig in the mailer right over the "Fragile" stamp, like they're purposely fucking with me. Either way, the records sound great and look fucking amazing (the pics don't do the colors justice, that purple floored me).

The tattered box my pile of records showed up in was pretty bashed to hell as well. You could see inside of the package through the wear and tear on the sides. And it even looked retaped at some point. But, through the miracles of physics, the sweet vinyl within lived to tell the tale. A mere bent corner or two on the jackets, but that's it. Thanks for the wide variety of rarer colors! I need to check out that photo again later to place a few of them.

Maybe the postal service dudes don't like the skull stamp? Because skulls hate freedom.