I WANT TO BELIEVE (NOT X-FILES CONTENT)

lol.

its incerdibly hypocritical to believe in the possibility of intelligent life on other planets and still deny the possibility of the existence of a god. We have the same amount of "proof" for both of them.

Hypocritical to believe that other beings could exist in the physical realm, but not that there's some magical wisp of smoke in the shape of a large bearded man out there in space?

you seem to be pretty dead set in your definition of what god is.

when in all actuality, god could exist in the physical realm.

Hypocritical to believe that other beings could exist in the physical realm, but not that there's some magical wisp of smoke in the shape of a large bearded man out there in space?

you seem to be pretty dead set in your definition of what god is.

when in all actuality, god could exist in the physical realm.

I'm actually not; I was making a generalization. But my point is that it's very likely we are not the only intelligent beings in this gi-fucking-gantic universe.

The possibility of other intelligent life existing in the universe is much more likely than any kind of deity. I think it's highly presumptuous to think that with the thousands of other galaxies/solar systems out there, there couldn't be at least one other inhabitable planet like ours.

I totally believe there is other life out there, but I just don't believe it visits our planet. Anyone who has had real physics schooling knows that it is impossible for matter to reach anything near the speed of light. It just takes WAY too much energy. It doesn't matter whether they have perfected aerodynamics or rocket engines or whatever, they still have to obey the laws of physics. They could be coming from inside our solar system, but even if they came from the closest star to us other than our sun it would take them thousands of years to get here.

There have been many arguments presented about taking short cuts through the fabric of space-time and things like this, but this doesn't fit with the usual sightings of ships. People usually say they saw something disappear in a flash of light, not slip into a wormhole.

Not to sound like a know-it-all, but I've seen about 8 stories on this from a site I visit a lot, rense.com. It's an interesting news site with conspiracy theories, ufos, paranormal, cryptozoology, etc. It's mostly political and conspiracy stuff at this point, but when something like this happens they're still all over it. The site s interesting because it pulls from so many view points on tons of topics. A lot of stuff is bullshit, but I always find a good read like this. I've seen a couple of odd things in the sky before which my father and I could not explain (he's really into astrology), but nothing someone would be all like "THAT'S DEFINITE PROOF!" about.

exactly. and one of these intelligent beings just might be god.

The reasoning behind believing in both is exactly the same. The only difference is that many people believe that one is directly tied in to a religious mythology.

This doesn't calculate 1to1. You're talking about intelligent, advanced, physical beings from other parts of the universe versus an omniscient, omnipotent being.

During the a debate about creation verses evolution you made a mention of how something within one system can not create itself. Now you're attempting to say that it's possible that the all powerful creator of the universe exists within it? Perhaps you're just debating but I just thought that was interesting.

Anyhow, beings on other planets and the creator of the universe are not equatable on the likelihood of existence just based on the vastness of space.

Until there is irrefutable proof that they DON'T exist, I'll continue to believe it's a strong possibility.

Fuck Ronnie, sorry to keep disagreeing with your posts, but how could you ever irrefutably prove that aliens don't exist? How could you irrefutably prove something as simple as gravity? Maybe the next time I jump up in the air I will just fly into space. Who can irrefutably say that just because the last 1 billion people who jumped came back to earth that the 1 billion and 1th time I won't just leave earth's atmosphere?

Until there is irrefutable proof that they DON'T exist, I'll continue to believe it's a strong possibility.

Fuck Ronnie, sorry to keep disagreeing with your posts, but how could you ever irrefutably prove that aliens don't exist? How could you irrefutably prove something as simple as gravity? Maybe the next time I jump up in the air I will just fly into space. Who can irrefutably say that just because the last 1 billion people who jumped came back to earth that the 1 billion and 1th time I won't just leave earth's atmosphere?

I'm not saying it can be proven, but my point was that as long as it can't, I'm going to keep believing in the possibility.

I'm not saying it can be proven, but my point was that as long as it can't, I'm going to keep believing in the possibility.

OK. Fair enough. My point is that almost nothing can be irrefutably proven so it is possible that you are and alien, I am an alien, George Bush is an alien, and the justice league really exists.

I've always beleived in Aliens. With how massive space is how could there not be something out there somewhere.

Yeah dude, I've always believed this. Out of the entire universe, we simply can't be the only planet with living beings.

It's almost ridiculous to say that we are alone...but I don't really believe all of these stories of alien encounters.