Jay Reatard 7" #5....

...will come with 3 different covers? Well, there goes trying to collect this entire set.

That’s right… three different sleeves, featuring pics of Jay, Stephen and Billy. Tracks are “Trapped Here” on the A-side, and “Hiding Hole” and “DOA” on the B-side.

Release date is August 19.

We’ll be announcing preorder information shortly and yes, we have a plan in place to deal with the problems we had on #4.

See covers here.

If you buy for the music there is no need to worry. Jay Reatard won't be around in two years, and no one will be hunting for his music.

In all fairness, Jay Reatard has already been around for like 10 years.

Thanks for pointing that out, Kelsey. I'm tired of people saying this guy is a flash in the pan and that he's "blowing up" now. If anyone remembers when the Reatards started putting out 7"s...dude blew up years ago, it's just that new people are buying his records and vinyl is hot. The only reason Jay won't be around in two years is if he's dead, then even more people will be hunting for his records.

Yeah this is fun, its doing exactly what they wanting, getting people talking and gettin um pissed off.

I think its a damn cool idea, limited series already, then you bust out 3 covers!

Yeah, even though it will be a pain in the ass to track down 3 covers, it sort of adds to the fun. Going to have to get creative to get these now. Either that or I'll just give up.

If you buy for the music there is no need to worry. Jay Reatard won't be around in two years, and no one will be hunting for his music.

Sure, but not to you or I. His music is average and his schtick is somewhat irritating. He's popular right now, but people aren't going to give a shit about some variants in his vinyl color and covers in a couple years.

People are buying his vinyl because its popular, collectible and sure to go OOP within weeks.

He and Matador do make a great marketing team though.

Sure, but not to you or I. His music is average and his schtick is somewhat irritating. He's popular right now, but people aren't going to give a shit about some variants in his vinyl color and covers in a couple years.

People are buying his vinyl because its popular, collectible and sure to go OOP within weeks.

He and Matador do make a great marketing team though.

I bought my first Reatards record when I was in college, so that was probably almost 10 years ago now.

will the records grab as much as they are now in 10 years, maybe not, will people still be collecting them yes.

Lets keep this in perspective, when talking about limited releases, even limited to 1,000, that's not a lot of copies so chances are its still going to be in demand, even if "everyone" forgets about him.

More Jay Reatard drama!

Matador announced the singles collection album, judging by the picture the 6th one may have 2 covers, ahhhh. The 6th one is called No Time / You Were Sleeping and the cd will have the extra track, I'm Watching You. bummer bitch

Hey, let's reward the people less invested in owning a physical copy!