News about LP pricing from Fat Wreck Chords

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

Just got the following from Bart at Fat Wreck; I post it here because this will affect our future pricing of Fat LPs. No more $6.99 LPs from Fat:

We are sad to announce that we will be raising the price of all our LP's by $1. We've held out for as long as we could with our current pricing level, but up to this point it has been basically a break-even prospect. Now, with increasing shipping costs and the desire to maintain a high royalty rate for our bands, vinyl has become a money losing endeavor. We feel that with the $1 increase we will be able to continue to put out vinyl releases without losing money, which is important in this market of increasing demand. Thanks for your understanding on this matter. Please feel free to get back to me with any specific questions.

if it only takes an extra dollar to keep pressing vinyl than so be it... I respect that they have been putting out vinyl while continuing to lose money on it. And its also it is nice to hear that they are maintaining a high royalty rate, because the bands deserve it (in my opinion) Its refreshing to know that fat still is doing this for the love of the music and not the money.