The Clash London Calling Question

ok so at my local record store I was looking around and couldnt find anything, money burns a hole in my pocket so I couldnt leave with out getting anything, I came across london calling and I knew I couldnt go wrong with that

when I got home I took a look at the record and saw there was a stamp on the back that said promo copy, and the labels on the record all say , not for sale promo copy only

did I find something special or unique?

that's cool. i'm not sure if promo copies of that record are rare or anything, but it's certainly a good find. Plus, no record collection is complete without a copy of London Calling, so you got a double bonus there.

yeah, thats why I bought it, I had it years ago, but somehow it got lost in moves and relocations

ok so at my local record store I was looking around and couldnt find anything, money burns a hole in my pocket so I couldnt leave with out getting anything, I came across london calling and I knew I couldnt go wrong with that

when I got home I took a look at the record and saw there was a stamp on the back that said promo copy, and the labels on the record all say , not for sale promo copy only

Are the labels white? If so, you have a true promo copy. If the labels are blue and someone just stamped promo all over it, I wouldn't think that you have anything special.

White label promo copies of that album are not hard to find, but they're obviously less common than the stock copies. Here's one on eBay right now, should give you an idea. Although it also appears to be in damn nice shape

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Clash-London-Calling-WHITE-LABEL-PROMO_W0QQitemZ320184054723QQihZ011QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Are the labels white? If so, you have a true promo copy. If the labels are blue and someone just stamped promo all over it, I wouldn't think that you have anything special.

White label promo copies of that album are not hard to find, but they're obviously less common than the stock copies. Here's one on eBay right now, should give you an idea. Although it also appears to be in damn nice shape

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Clash-London-Calling-WHITE-LABEL-PROMO_W0QQitemZ320184054723QQihZ011QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yeah the labels are white, thanks for the help brotha!

Has this ever been repressed on 180 gram vinyl?

if not it should be

i have a friend who's supposed to give me a bunch of records that he doesn't want any more (he doesn't listen to them or collect them), and london calling is one of them. hence it's absence from my list. :P