NFL Discussion

fahk.. patriots don't use their franchise tag. aka, patriots didn't franchise talib.

and reed said today that he plans on returning to the ravens.

fahk.. patriots don't use their franchise tag. aka, patriots didn't franchise talib.

and reed said today that he plans on returning to the ravens.

anything can happen with reed still.  he plans too, but he still hasn't heard anything.  which is no surprise because they were only talking to joes agent.  reed seemed to be happy for flacco and not upset at the organization.  i feel like the nfl network crew were trying to get him to say something negative about joe and the organization from the interview i watched today.

the nfl am crew however with ed reed and eddie money was hilarious

stephen jackson to hit the market.  i wonder if this adds stock in daryl richardson or if the rams will go searching for a back.  i have richardson on my bench in my keeper league, hopefully he will take the 1 spot.

He's a 2012 7th round pick coming off a season where he picked up 30 yards per game.

That doesn't mean that he isn't on the way up and in line for more work, but they will at least get a backup plan through the draft or a veteran to spell him. I doubt he's keepable, unless you have a keeper system where you only give up a later round pick for him (as he was likely a FA pickup).

yeah he only averaged 30 yards per game, however; he only had 2 games where he had over 10 carries and he averaged 79 yards in those games. (6.25 a carry) give him double the carries, he would be looking really good.

i feel like he can be a playmaker if he gets the majority of carries. like the way the guy runs.

No doubt, he looked good. Hitting on a 7th round pick like that is so huge for your franchise. He just does not have the pedigree or the experience to be given the keys to the car.

I predict they sign one of (in no particular order. I believe they are all available) Steven Jackson / Felix Jones / Rashard Mendenhall / Ahmad Bradshaw / Shonn Greene. Don't see a Reggie Bush signing as Matt said, they have Pead to fill that role. I see Michael Turner as washed up. He doesn't have the body type to prolong his downswing.

The best counter-example I could give to my own point would be Arian Foster. He went undrafted free agent -> 300 yard season in 6 games -> elite running back. So it is possible. That is far from the norm, though.