[PO] Archers of Loaf - Reason in Decline

https://stores.portmerch.com/archersofloaf/pre-order-reason-in-decline.html

reason-in-decline-lp-colored.jpg

We here at Team Loaf have been talking about the possibility of a new album from our underdog heroes for almost a decade now, and it only took a worldwide pandemic and tangible threats to our democratic institutions to jumpstart the chemistry within the band that we've been trying to capture in new recordings for the last 10 years. We could not be more excited and pleased to announce that on October 21, 2022, Merge Records will be releasing our first full album-length creation in 24 years entitled "Reason in Decline" onto the generally unsuspecting masses.

If "Raleigh Days" was written and recorded to satisfy every Archers of Loaf fan's sweet tooth with an energy and hooks from days of yore, and "Talking Over Talk" b/w "Cruel Reminder" was written and recorded to experiment with some ideas of where a new Archers of Loaf album might develop before the world flipped on its head, then "In the Surface Noise," the first single off the new album, recalls the anthemic "us against the world" conflict prevalent on "Vee Vee," written through the lens of these modern chaotic times. There's an urgency in the new album properly reflective of the current era, while simultaneously addressing ageless flaws in our humanity. Yeah, I know that's a lot of hyperbole to propose when the album won't be available for another 3 months for you to hear for yourself, but I haven't been able to talk about this thing publicly for like 9 months and I'm excited. Quick shout out to our friends, Adam and Alex at Drop of Sun Studios in Asheville, NC, who helped produce this new album for us, and to our ol' pal Bob Weston at Chicago Mastering Service for adding the final touches to the mix.

Here are the details from Merge:

All pre-orders in the Merge store come with free 1" round buttons (while supplies last) and include an immediate download of “In the Surface Noise." Full album download available on release date.

The album can also be pre-ordered at participating independent record stores.

Turquoise vinyl with exclusive 12" x 12" art print by Laird Dixon available only at  select North Carolina indie record shops [map]. Limited to 500 copies.

Purple with black & white swirl vinyl available exclusively via Vinyl Me, Please. Limited to 500 numbered copies.