PO: Beck - Thinking About You/Old Man 7-inch

TAY1_1024x1024.png?v=1688602152TAY2_1024x1024.png?v=1688602152

https://shop.beck.com/products/thinking-about-you-7

https://shop.capitolmusic.com/products/beck-thinking-about-you-old-man-7-single

Allegedly out in indie stores tomorrow, presumably the same variant? Capitol's website says it ships July 14 though.

Beck invites you to celebrate the eve of his birthday with the gift of a physical release of two acclaimed performances previously available only as digital singles. Available for pre-order now at Beck.com and the Capitol Records Online Store, and in the singles bin at your favorite indie shop tomorrow, July 7, “Thinking About You”/”Old Man” (Capitol) will be issued as a limited edition golden-brown vinyl 7” single in a picture sleeve sporting the artwork for each song.

Originally released February of this year, “Thinking About You” was the first new original Beck song to be released since his GRAMMY-winning Hyperspace album. A sublime ballad in the tradition of classics Morning Phase and Sea Change—and incidentally recorded in the very same room as the latter—“Thinking About You” features Beck’s wistful vocal and acoustic guitar tones accompanied by Blake Mills (guitar, mandolin), Justin Meldal Johnsen (bass) and Roger Manning (keyboards). “Thinking About You” has been lauded by Consequence as “heart-wrenching” and SPIN as "beautifully sad,” while American Songwriter raved “The song is stripped bare to reveal Beck’s roots as the mellow, moody songsmith that made listeners fall in love with him in the 1990s."

Beck’s cover of Neil Young’s “Old Man” was originally released as a digital single in September 2022. Described by Paste as "a faithful cover of an untouchable track… impressive” and accompanied by a moving performance video rendered in stark black and white, Beck’s version of “Old Man” went on to be nominated for Best Rock Performance at the 65th Annual GRAMMY Awards.

On 7/6/2023 at 8:59 PM, webdoggy said:

Bummed I missed this. Sold out on both links and can’t find any indies with it posted. 

It is back up at the Capitol Music website.

I called my local store about it, and they could not find anything about the release in their system.

$8 shipping for a $15 7-inch! 🤪

Edited by Plarocks
Hyperlink add

9 hours ago, Plarocks said:

It is back up at the Capitol Music website.

I called my local store about it, and they could not find anything about the release in their system.

$8 shipping for a $15 7-inch! 🤪

Thanks, I went by my local shop over the weekend with same results. Not sure I want it badly enough to pay 23 bucks for two songs though