For any Fucked Up collectors

patron

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucked Up has this message on their blog.

"A lot of David Xmas 7"'s are on ebay. Just for the record - if you are selling one of those, we think you are a DOUCHE. We had to spend more than 2 weeks wrapping those things and getting everything together so you assholes could click a button and flip them the next week. Fuck you!"

http://lookingforgold.blogspot.com/

ha ha. Classic.

a band that sells out hundred of records in a matter of minutes, and then puts a public sale up for an uber limited record can NOT bitch about people buying it to flip.

if they think that making the records go for high prices is douchery, they should look in the mirror. if they pressed a few hundred more, no one would have been able to buy it and flip it.

i mean, look at a few of the easily found 7"s. they dont go for shit, so no one buys it and flips it because a bunch were made adn you can find them everywhere.

if they quit giving kids boners with their limited to 30 or 50 or 100 releases, there would be nothing to worry about,

a band that sells out hundred of records in a matter of minutes, and then puts a public sale up for an uber limited record can NOT bitch about people buying it to flip.

if they think that making the records go for high prices is douchery, they should look in the mirror. if they pressed a few hundred more, no one would have been able to buy it and flip it.

i mean, look at a few of the easily found 7"s. they dont go for shit, so no one buys it and flips it because a bunch were made adn you can find them everywhere.

if they quit giving kids boners with their limited to 30 or 50 or 100 releases, there would be nothing to worry about,

I concur. I think flipping is stupid, but shit, its the nature of the game, and when you intentionally limit your pressings its going to happen.

That blog post made me check ebay and here's a guy claiming that out of the 1000 pressed, only 300 had blank labels and that supposedly they were reserved for the record release show. As far as I know they ALL had blank labels, but I figured I'd double check. BTW, mine has blank labels.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fucked-Up-David-Christmas-7-BLANK-LABELS-300_W0QQitemZ150204487375QQihZ005QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seriously, they pressed 1000 copies of this record and all the proceeds went to charity. It was available for order online in North America and Europe. It wasn't the hardest record to get your hands on. Its a pretty shitty thing to do to turn this into a personal money making scheme.

Also, whats up with the dude that bought 10?

Seriously, they pressed 1000 copies of this record and all the proceeds went to charity. It was available for order online in North America and Europe. It wasn't the hardest record to get your hands on. Its a pretty shitty thing to do to turn this into a personal money making scheme.

Also, whats up with the dude that bought 10?

exactly. that dude is either a cunt and a liar or he's badly misinformed. either way he's kind of a cunt for flipping it, because andrews is right. a thousand copies is a lot, especially for this band.

HEY BY THE WAY

A lot of David Xmas 7"'s are on ebay. Just for the record - if you are selling one of those, we think you are a DOUCHE. We had to spend more than 2 weeks wrapping those things and getting everything together so you assholes could click a button and flip them the next week. Fuck you!

Also there is a "tour version" of the Year of the Pig 12" on ebay right now - there is no such thing as a tour version - they are all stamped. If you are trying to buy Fucked Up stuff on ebay and want to know how rare it is really, please get in touch through here and we can set the record straight.

Here's my conversation with the blank labels guy so far:

Me: They all have blank labels, quit trying to rip people off.

Him: no, they don't. i have seen some with stamped and unstamped, blank labels.

Me: I happen to have been at the release show in Toronto, and

granted the copies there had blank labels, every single person I've talked to in the states who ordered from Insound has received blank labels. And by the way, they only had about 100 7"s at the release show, so if you're going to try and rip people off, at least

put some research into it first.

I just sent him this message

"OK, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume you were given bad information about this release... all 1000 were pressed with blank labels. This is no different than any other copy out there.

Now, there is also the chance you know this is the case and you're trying to pull a fast one on buyers. If thats the case then fuck you, douchebag."

I just sent him this message

"OK, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume you were given bad information about this release... all 1000 were pressed with blank labels. This is no different than any other copy out there.

Now, there is also the chance you know this is the case and you're trying to pull a fast one on buyers. If thats the case then fuck you, douchebag."

Nice, let us know if/how he responds.

Seriously, they pressed 1000 copies of this record

, because andrews is right. a thousand copies is a lot, especially for this band.

1000 copies is a lot for this band??????? havoc represed the litany 7". the original on test pattern had like 500, or 1000, then havoc went ahead and repressed and it pressed 3000 copies.

which sold out in less than a year.

so they pressed another 2000.

if the band can sell 3 thousand+ copies of an already previously released single that was a couple years old, they can EASILY sell 1000 copies of a star studded gimmick record.

, because andrews is right. a thousand copies is a lot, especially for this band.

1000 copies is a lot for this band??????? havoc represed the litany 7". the original on test pattern had like 500, or 1000, then havoc went ahead and repressed and it pressed 3000 copies.

which sold out in less than a year.

so they pressed another 2000.

if the band can sell 3 thousand+ copies of an already previously released single that was a couple years old, they can EASILY sell 1000 copies of a star studded gimmick record.

Yeah, but that one 7" pails in comparison to the dozens of 7"s they've released with pressings of 200, 100, and sometimes as low as 30 copies each.

right. that was my point exactly.

if they can sell that many of one record, they cant bitch when people flip/resell their ridiculously low pressing records.......even 1000.

But if they pressed like 3000 I don't think they would sell out at $10 a pop (Litany is like $3), and nobody would buy extras to flip, so we would have an over abundance of the 7". They pressed an amount that they knew they could sell and the people who bought multiples to flip screwed the fans who wanted one and didn't buy one right away. 1000 is a reasonable pressing for a release like this.

Here's what the guy said

"I was told by someone about the pressing info. Someone on a forum posted a picture of what was supposed to be the 7" (as far as i know) with labels printed. A few people then told me that 700 were printed and 300 were blank. After a few people said this, I believed them.

I'll change the listing, just for the sake of keeping things honest, but I had no idea .. no need to get all defensive, chief."