For any Fucked Up collectors

patron

1000 is a reasonable pressing for a release like this.

apparently not. it sold out in days and is so in demand that people are selling it for triple the price on ebay.

That's what happens when people buy multiples of a record to flip for profit. If everyone who actually wanted one, bought only one, there probably would have been enough to go around.

If you check the bidding history on the 7"s currently on ebay there are only 5 or 6 users bidding on all of them (and one of the users is obviously the seller bumping his own auctions).

Look at the Fat Wreck example. When MFATGG Cash 7" came out, it was limited to 2 per order, and the prices on ebay went up to $30-$40 after it sold out. But when Willie came out, it was limited one per order and the ebay prices only went up to about $15. Both were limited to around 1000 which was a reasonable pressing for the release.

My point is, Fucked Up is pissed that douchebags looking to make a profit are buying their records and keeping them from the real fans. The right number of records was pressed, there are just too many assholes who want to take advantage of a somewhat popular band's "limited" release.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.

sure there was a handful of people buying multiple copies to flip, but stores and places didnt get copies of these, even if they were limited to one per person, there are well more than 1000 different people who would have bought this record.

same with the me first records....1000 is not a reasonable pressing, when their past releases have sold numerous thousands of records.

people will always pay stupid prices on ebay.....even for easily found in print records. thats inevitable. i just dont see how anyone can be pissed when demand exceeds supply.

a super easy way to fix it.......just press more copies and make it available.

well i guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.

sure there was a handful of people buying multiple copies to flip, but stores and places didnt get copies of these, even if they were limited to one per person, there are well more than 1000 different people who would have bought this record.

same with the me first records....1000 is not a reasonable pressing, when their past releases have sold numerous thousands of records.

people will always pay stupid prices on ebay.....even for easily found in print records. thats inevitable. i just dont see how anyone can be pissed when demand exceeds supply.

a super easy way to fix it.......just press more copies and make it available.

There were stores that got them, only two though. One of them had a 1 per person limit.