Upcoming Forge Again Releases: 31Knots, Office

Just a bit of a heads up but I finally have two new projects in the pipeline. Both will be released on November 18th and distributed through Lumberjack-Mordam/WEA. Of course they'll be available for mailorder, through the bands directly, and I'm sure on Vinyl Collective, Interpunk, etc. Pre-orders not until September probably. Maybe we'll do a test-press contest once things get rolling.

Anyhow, here's what's due:

FAR-025 31Knots - It Was High Time to Escape LP (LP version of the pre-Polyvinyl CD - 500 copies, silk-screened covers, with free high-quality DL coupon, vinyl colors/weight to be determined)

http://myspace.com/31knots

Amazing indie/prog band from Portland. Three full lengths and two EPs on Polyvinyl, including their latest "Worried Well" that just came out this week and is GREAT. They're letting me put out their older stuff that got me hooked on the band in the first place. It Was High Time was released originally on CD in 2003 and it is one of my absolute favorite albums. Stoked to put it out.

FAR-026 Office - TBA 7" (2 new songs NOT on their upcoming full length - 300 copies, mixed vinyl, artwork details TBA)

http://myspace.com/officemusic

Sweet indie rock band from Chicago that my friend Colin (Russian Circles) plays in. They just played LOL-apalooza. They have an amazing new full length coming out on a label to be determined in early 2009. They are kind enough to let me put out a nice little 2 song 7" with two exclusive non-album tracks. Should be sweet. Hopefully the mixed vinyl isn't just barf purple.

Just excited to get some new stuff up and running. This has been a slow year since I have been busy graduating law school and taking the bar. Time to get some stuff out! If things go well with the 31Knots LP, early 2009 will see the release of "A Word is Also a Picture of a Word," another pre-Polyvinyl full length. Also there will probably be more from Elder in 2009 as well. That's about all I can talk about right now. More updates soon hopefully!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for good news....

Office is in the studio right as I type this finishing up their 2 brand new tracks for the 7", which will indeed include a download coupon.

31Knots is no longer going to be a silk-screened job, but rather a full color jacket (which is bad news, sort of), however, it will likely all be on 180g vinyl and there will probably be 100 or 200 copies on red 180g vinyl AND a download coupon AND a nice insert.