Visitors to VC: Portugal, the Man

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Portugal, the Man (8/12/08) - Usually when Portugal comes to town, they come in for one night and have to do an overnight drive directly afterwards. Luckily, they had a night off and were able to hang out for a few days. They came to the Kay Kay / Wild Orchid Children party the night before and hung out at VC with the Kay Kay folks. We all went out to get some Mexican food, I got them to sign a copy of "Church Mouth", and we took the photo you see above. We talked about the new album quite a bit and although we are bummed, we won't be putting it out on vinyl, we are excited to announce that we will have an exclusive color for our store. More details to follow, but it should be the most limited variety of the pressing. The new album is so amazing, I think I might go so far as to say it is my favorite Portugal album. It was great to see the guys who are some of my favorite folks in a touring band and I can't wait til they come back through on their headlining tour in October.

to answer all the questions:

1. yes we did go to el noa noa for mexican (it is just down the street from our office)

2. I did not get any videos or photos, unfortunately. Not sure they would have turned out awesome as the show was so crowded and there were these really loud and annoying obnoxious girls right next to us

3. pre-orders for the new album are still a ways off. The band wanted to have their pre-order up for a bit first. It sounds like there are going to be 3 colors and I think we should have some of all 3.

4. Garret (kay kay's drummer) is filling in for Portugal as Jason (portugal drummer)'s dad had a stroke and he is taking care of his dad. Super sad stuff. Garret will be on the next Portugal tour too and yes, that is a lot of drumming.

I think that was all the questions.

will the VC version be die cut and double gatefold? I'm very excited for this release

yes and it was explained to me the colored vinyl would look like veins. Not sure how that will be though.

well, was thinking about hitting the show up in Seattle tonight but my ride just bailed and I can't afford to drive my ass all the way up there for myself, so bummer dude! Guess I'll catch everyone next time around

drive yourself, you will be glad you did, it was such a rad show.

well, was thinking about hitting the show up in Seattle tonight but my ride just bailed and I can't afford to drive my ass all the way up there for myself, so bummer dude! Guess I'll catch everyone next time around

drive yourself, you will be glad you did, it was such a rad show.

driving into seattle on a friday evening is not the most enjoyable drive or shortest drive, which is why I was siked to hear someone would give me a ride. I'll make some calls and see if I can find someone to get my ass up there or at least someone to join me for the 1+ hour drive :)

will the VC version be die cut and double gatefold? I'm very excited for this release

yes and it was explained to me the colored vinyl would look like veins. Not sure how that will be though.

that sounds epic. Everytime I get online I come here first to check for the preorder so that I don't miss it.