To CD or not to CD?

I still buy CDs, I don't get when people say that they never ever buy CDs, is every single album they want readily available on vinyl?

And I like the idea of a CD with the vinyl, it means I don't have to search for a download link and also means I can listen to it in the car. It's a good idea.

pretty much anything i listen to these days is available on vinyl. if it's not, i'll download it and buy a shirt or go see the band live.

as for finding a download link, five seconds of my time to do a google blog search is worth saving the two dollars to me. most vinyl comes with download links anyway. the only time i listen to digital music is in my car or when i ride my bike or show something on my ipod to a friend at their house. and it's okay to me that it's compressed a bit. it just needs to sound good enough to get me jammin on the way to work.

for the uncompressed true music experience, i sit in front of my turntable and crank the volume nob. so give me a cd with my vinyl for no extra cost to me? cool. make me pay for it and i'll opt out thanks.

I love when vinyl comes with a CD

BUT

If you asking me to choose between a LP without CD for 12 and a LP with a CD for 14. I will always pick the LP without. So I guess just charge 14 throw in the CD and call it a day, I will feel like I am getting a bonus, not paying for something I dont really need.

Why not download and then burn to a data cd/dvd or have an external harddrive as back up? Thats what I do at least.

I like CD's as much as vinyl, I like to have the artwork and the complete package. Downloads just don't cut it for me. Although the first thing I do is rip a CD to my hard drive and then burn a copy for my car, after that It just sits on my shelf

Wait, so you buy CDs but only listen to the copies of them? This is the strangest thing I've ever heard. You're spending more money than you need to. Why not just listen to the one you buy in the car?

I like CD's as much as vinyl, I like to have the artwork and the complete package. Downloads just don't cut it for me. Although the first thing I do is rip a CD to my hard drive and then burn a copy for my car, after that It just sits on my shelf

Wait, so you buy CDs but only listen to the copies of them? This is the strangest thing I've ever heard. You're spending more money than you need to. Why not just listen to the one you buy in the car?

How am I spending more money than I need, a blank CD costs less than a penny and it means I keep the original scratch free if I ever need to rip the music from it again.

Guest afsdan

Give someone the option, like:

1. If through mailorder, make an extra option that includes the CD. Charge the $1 or $2 only when someone chooses it.

2. The band can do the same thing at shows.

How am I spending more money than I need, a blank CD costs less than a penny and it means I keep the original scratch free if I ever need to rip the music from it again.

Black CDs certainly cost more than a penny, unless you buy them 1,000 at a time. It just seems silly. That's like buying an old cassette tape and dubbing it to a blank tape and never using the original again. The odds of a CD becoming scratched to the point it won't play correctly are very slim if you handle them correctly.

Black CDs certainly cost more than a penny, unless you buy them 1,000 at a time. It just seems silly. That's like buying an old cassette tape and dubbing it to a blank tape and never using the original again. The odds of a CD becoming scratched to the point it won't play correctly are very slim if you handle them correctly.

Well my burnt copies get scratched to hell, I don't even know why you have a problem with this, why do you care if some stranger likes to keep his CD collection in pristine condition?

For the ghost town trio 7"

we did 1000 CD's

The cost with jackets and polybags are $1.75

We wholesale them for $2.50 and sell them for $5 ppd.

I give a ton of these away for free with 7" orders just due to the fact that i want people to listen to the band and POSSIBLE buy the 7".

do it if you can afford it.

People will either give the CD to a friend and keep the vinyl or actually give it a use.

considering your budget i guess everything releative.

i sound dumb now so ill stop typing

Well my burnt copies get scratched to hell, I don't even know why you have a problem with this, why do you care if some stranger likes to keep his CD collection in pristine condition?

I have no problem with it at all. It's just silly to me so I wanted to ask about it. If it makes you happy, go with it.