Going to Denver over Labor Day - Suggestions???

Me and the lady are going to Denver over Labor Day weekend and are looking for suggestions on things to do, eat, see, etc.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. We're going to have a rental car, so anything within about an hour drive or so of denver is fair game.

Couple things already on our list:

New Belgium brewery tour

Taste of Colorado

Casa Bonita

Thanks

I haven't lived in Denver for 5 years, so some of this might not still be relevant. But I would try to hit up some record shops: Twist & Shout and Wax Trax are pretty close to each other, and Twist & shout is next to a super good bookstore as well. Jerry's record exchange on Colfax has some obscure stuff too.

You can try to see some shows too. Decent venues to check include: the Gothic Theater and the Bluebird. I'm not sure if 15th St. Tavern is still around, but that place had fun garage rock shows all the time.

Also, there are a lot of weird/cool little shops down on South Broadway (around 1st st. and the streets south of that), and some fun places to get beers down there as well.

I currently live in Denver and that weekend there are tons of shit to do...The Dem Natl Conv will have just gotten over so hopefully my fair city will still be in tact. I personally wouldn't recommend the taste of Colorado. it's not that bad but, I tend to get social anxiety in things like that. The food is expensive, most of the people that go to taste suck, I still go some years but I always find myself asking "why the hell did I just do that?". Elitch gardens would be awesome, as well as water world. I think water world closes after labor day and if you have never been it's a Denver must. someone earlier mentioned record stores... most definitely. the three good ones (already mentioned) are all less then 10 blocks from each other. there is also Black and Read in Arvada if you have a car. that store is my personal favorite in the state. Bart's Cellar in Boulder, also a nice one. someone also mentioned 15th st tavern...was awesome but now gone. Broadway bars always a good hangout. Hi-dive, Sputnik, Barry's, 3 King's tavern (my favorite, great pinball machines). The Denver art museum rocks, and the botanical gardens is amazing. And you definitely have to see about going to the VC warehouse... every time I'm there I always buy tons of shit. Don't want to overwhelm, so I'll stop there. If you have any question feel free to ask.

I currently live in Denver and that weekend there are tons of shit to do...The Dem Natl Conv will have just gotten over so hopefully my fair city will still be in tact. I personally wouldn't recommend the taste of Colorado. it's not that bad but, I tend to get social anxiety in things like that. The food is expensive, most of the people that go to taste suck, I still go some years but I always find myself asking "why the hell did I just do that?". Elitch gardens would be awesome, as well as water world. I think water world closes after labor day and if you have never been it's a Denver must. someone earlier mentioned record stores... most definitely. the three good ones (already mentioned) are all less then 10 blocks from each other. there is also Black and Read in Arvada if you have a car. that store is my personal favorite in the state. Bart's Cellar in Boulder, also a nice one. someone also mentioned 15th st tavern...was awesome but now gone. Broadway bars always a good hangout. Hi-dive, Sputnik, Barry's, 3 King's tavern (my favorite, great pinball machines). The Denver art museum rocks, and the botanical gardens is amazing. And you definitely have to see about going to the VC warehouse... every time I'm there I always buy tons of shit. Don't want to overwhelm, so I'll stop there. If you have any question feel free to ask.

thanks!

we go to the taste of chicago most every year so we're familiar with the crowds and such - will probably just stop by for a little while and check it out

will probably check out some of those bars and hopefully the VC warehouse

Guest afsdan
Go to my parents restaurant!

NoNo's Cafe, on c-470 and countyline

i miss colorado

Might have to check it out

this is pretty far from downtown.

check out the record stores like these folks mentioned. I like going out to Golden and swim in Clear Creek. It's cold, but awesome on a hot day. You could swim in the Platte in town, but it's essentially the city's sewer.

Wanna meet for a drink at a bar on Broadway?