FS/FT Fireworks 7"

thebiglebowski

Pressing is:

Blue / Yellow A/B - 114

Green / Yellow Split - 215

Red - 319

My order came with a receipt that said it was /75. Where did you see this?

think it was posted in the "Run For Cover Records" thread in the main forum.

He mentioned the plant fucked up royally and that the original numbers are much skewed.

Those are the numbers Jeff that runs the label posted. And it's blue/yellow that is the rarest.

It's a little BS that I bought the rarest version and ended up with the second rarest version. Whatever, though. I don't really care. Still available.

It's not like Jeff has any control over what the pressing plant does.

It's a little BS that I bought the rarest version and ended up with the second rarest version. Whatever, though. I don't really care. Still available.

How dumb is the record pressing industry if this is true? If I go to Burger King, order a whopper, and instead get a fish sandwich, that food is going back to BK.

How dumb is the record pressing industry if this is true? If I go to Burger King, order a whopper, and instead get a fish sandwich, that food is going back to BK.

Making a record happen at a plant is nothing like making a whopper. Creating a record and to get colors to come out the way the client intends them to is an art-form in my opinion.

Making a record happen at a plant is nothing like making a whopper. Creating a record and to get colors to come out the way the client intends them to is an art-form in my opinion.

Even if it is an art-form, they are artists. They do it everyday. Even if its like painting Starry Night they should be able to do it with greater accuracy than just place an order and whatever we send you is what you get.

Here is my interpretation of the situation:

Every pressing plant in the country is backed up with orders due to the recent increase in vinyl popularity (which is relatively small, but still enough to back everything up). These places don't have to worry about losing customers because the customers just take whatever they can get. So, customer service and product quality suck. I doubt it's going to get better, either. Who is going to invest in a vinyl making plant with the state of the world's petroleum supplies as it is?

Also, last call for this before it goes to ebay.