Work Trip = Record Stores Southern VA, MD, PA

So I am trekking from Roanoke - Norfolk over an 11 day span at the end of October - November. Richmond being thrown in there as well. Also Baltimore area and the Greater Harrisburg (Millersville too!) in early October.

I am aware of Plan 9 (Richmond) and Skinnies in Norfolk. Does Baltimore still have Reptilian? Not a fan of Record & Tape Traders. Harrisburg/Lancaster area I've found or even heard of hardly anything. Besides that, just wondering where else to go.

No shows in that span as everyone is playing the Fest or fearing Central PA. Although if I'm around until Nov. 4th Strike is in Richmond.

I collect metal, punk and hardcore and a shit ton of whatever I can find (including zines) from No Idea.

Thanks kindly!

baltimore: still has reptilian but it moved. it's near the ottobar now (and it doesn't have too much there, not a fan). check out celebrated summer records - HUGE collection of punk/hardcore/anything for you to grab up for CHEAP (primarily). also, the soundgarden in fells point has some cool indie/import stuff. the others are easy to locate (via internet i mean), but soundgarden is kinda hard so here: www.cdjoint.com

there's also a store that has(had) shows in Norfolk called Relative Theory.. it has a pretty good indie-ish vinyl selection (I got both of the Wilderness lps there).

Yeah I believe they quit doing shows there, or maybe shut down completely.

I live in Hampton VA, and used to go there quite a bit a lot of indi folky type stuff mostly.

For the most part this part of VA sucks. Their's a place called American Oldies in Hampton though that is awesome!, tons of records. Good guys there as well.

Have fun on your trip!

there's also a store that has(had) shows in Norfolk called Relative Theory.. it has a pretty good indie-ish vinyl selection (I got both of the Wilderness lps there).

Yeah I believe they quit doing shows there, or maybe shut down completely.

I live in Hampton VA, and used to go there quite a bit a lot of indi folky type stuff mostly.

For the most part this part of VA sucks. Their's a place called American Oldies in Hampton though that is awesome!, tons of records. Good guys there as well.

Have fun on your trip!

yeah pretty sure relative theory is gone completely. think the only record store left in norfolk is skinnee's which is crazy overpriced and run by assholes. volume in vabeach apparently carries some vinyl but i've never checked it out. there's a new store opening in richmond in a couple of weeks called vinyl conflict which should be awesome.

post or message me when your in VA if you want? I will let you know of any shows up in Richmond or Va beach etc, if you want?

Thanks kindly. I checked Pollstar and will frequently and I did see high on Fire and Baroness which damn, High on Fire is always great. Strike in Richmond IF theres a delay for me.

Thanks for the record tips so far. I think Relative Theory is closed as well. I searched when I was down last year and no dice.