Drive By Truckers

so my mom asked me if I wanted to go see these guys with my dad and brother next week, ill never turn down a chance to see live music for free so I agreed. Whats a good album to check out? i picked up a blessing and a curse the other day but havent had a chance to listen to it yet. Any other reccomendations?

Blessing and a CurseDecoration Day and Dirty South are the best ones.. i also like "Southern Rock Opera" as well. good stuff. earlier stuff isn't quite what they are now... they're a little more refined now, and well they don't have JASON ISBELL, but it's still good.

They are a great rock band though...and a fun time

I fucking love the Truckers, dude. Southern Rock Opera is one of my all time favorite records. My recommendation is that one. Have a good time, Patterson(one of the singers) is one hell of a songwriter.

even though Hood writes most of the songs, i think the few contributions on each album that Cooley and Isbell wrote were probably some of the best songs.

Cooley and Isbell could do no wrong in my book the years as they all were together. Hood was hit or miss..

dude, the Three Great Alabama Icons is one of the greatest story songs ever written...then into Wallace...sooo fucking good.

the Dirty South / Decoration Day / Southern Rock Opera are the holy fucking trinity of records to check out.

Justins right...

Scratch what i said above... These are the 3 main albums to listen too..

You can lie to your Mama, you can lie to your race but you can’t lie to nobody with that cold steel in your face.

And the same God that you’re so afraid is gonna send you to hell

is the same one you’re gonna answer to when the pin hits the shell.

dude, the Three Great Alabama Icons is one of the greatest story songs ever written...then into Wallace...sooo fucking good.

the Dirty South / Decoration Day / Southern Rock Opera are the holy fucking trinity of records to check out.

FINALLY! Someone with sense.

Decoration Day is certainly the best album of their career so-far with Southern Rock Opera coming in a very close second. I would also recommend checking out Alabama Ass Whuppin' if you can find (read: download) a copy. Enjoy the show.

• 2 weeks later...
the show was great, played almost 3 hours, definitely a fun show and a great band, wish I was into them a lot more before teh show

well now you have a chance for next time..

I know this sounds wierd, but it was like a life changing show, made me realize theres more out than punk, hardcore and metal. I always dug country influenced punk and stuff like that. But I think these guys will be my new favorite band

I know this sounds wierd, but it was like a life changing show, made me realize theres more out than punk, hardcore and metal. I always dug country influenced punk and stuff like that. But I think these guys will be my new favorite band

welcome to the family. ;)

uh yea!!! there's tons of other shit out there... if you want i can send you a mix cd of other kinds of music if you liked these guys