NMB This is Satire Release?

alexamore

Sabot Productions: We'll do it...Eventually.

I love the label but it's just evident that Jordan does too much for Sabot to be a full time label. I don't think they've put anything out in the last two years that wasn't plagued by delays. I understand why it happens but he should either have someone help run it or just not promise new releases, they just occur when they occur.

the guy has never sent me my señor/queen releases either, or refunded the money. Promises and excuses, such a joke really. It bums me out when labels are like this. This is the first time, but lowers my tolerance level for any other label I do business with...

Something to keep in mind with all things....sometimes shit happens. It doesn't mean that someone is intentionally dicking you over or that you should be wary of everyone else from now on. It sucks but you shouldn't let it sour you.

I've been in touch with him several times since the original PO and once people started getting their orders. He said he would send make it up to me, then he would send me a red copy, then he would send me two copies of the next press and now no answers to any emails, multiple emails. I guess I'm not sour about it, but anytime something starts to look like I'm gonna lose my money, I just tell people straight up, refund my money, send the vinyl or I'm filing a claim. Sure, it's only $12, but that money could be spent elsewhere for vinyl that could actually be played, not buying his lunch for the day.

I just figure if you're going to be in this business, own up for your action. He admits there were some issues with shipping(reason no idea handles it now) and now he can't make up for that. Refund my money, send me some vinyl, do something, don't say you're going to and never do it. I feel like I'm dealing with some deadbeat here on the boards(hasn't happened yet, but has happened on other boards)...

/rant

I've been in touch with him several times since the original PO and once people started getting their orders. He said he would send make it up to me, then he would send me a red copy, then he would send me two copies of the next press and now no answers to any emails, multiple emails. I guess I'm not sour about it, but anytime something starts to look like I'm gonna lose my money, I just tell people straight up, refund my money, send the vinyl or I'm filing a claim. Sure, it's only $12, but that money could be spent elsewhere for vinyl that could actually be played, not buying his lunch for the day.

I just figure if you're going to be in this business, own up for your action. He admits there were some issues with shipping(reason no idea handles it now) and now he can't make up for that. Refund my money, send me some vinyl, do something, don't say you're going to and never do it. I feel like I'm dealing with some deadbeat here on the boards(hasn't happened yet, but has happened on other boards)...

/rant

I hear you but also consider that this dude is the tour manager for a band that tours the world pretty frequently and you're not the only person who ordered this record so it's not like you're the only thing/person on his mind and he's just sitting there doing nothing about the situation. Anyway, be mad at Jordan, but don't be one of those people who gets all pissed off at all independent labels because one fucked up. I run in to those kinds of people all the time and it's sad and annoying. They use the fact that one time they didn't get a record in the mail as an excuse to be a prick in situations that don't really warrent it..

/rant

I hear you but also consider that this dude is the tour manager for a band that tours the world pretty frequently and you're not the only person who ordered this record so it's not like you're the only thing/person on his mind and he's just sitting there doing nothing about the situation. Anyway, be mad at Jordan, but don't be one of those people who gets all pissed off at all independent labels because one fucked up. I run in to those kinds of people all the time and it's sad and annoying. They use the fact that one time they didn't get a record in the mail as an excuse to be a prick in situations that don't really warrent it..

Did somebody say Warrant?

[image]

Naaa, I'm a cool guy generally and regardless of what jordan does in his spare time, I don't really think 9 months later I can take any excuse. I've given up on thinking I'll get anything. I've always been nice to Jordan in all of our emails and he seems like a nice guy, a very busy nice guy. It just sucks that a few people have gotten pushed aside while he takes care of other business and it bums me out and just shows a huge lack of respect for the people who have helped his label succeed. I just get really bummed out when you spend your money and expect a product and that product never comes. Regardless if it's a label, a video game, a car part, etc. It's usually how it works and when it doesn't and you get made promises, it's tough. So whatever, I won't clog up this thread anymore.

Though he did say this is satire would be out by the end of summer. Take it for what it's worth...