Baroness just played here!

cj

I just got back from the baroness show (ghengis tron opened) and it was amazing! There arent any bands like them that ever come through Calgary so it was a treat. Normally we get shitty canadian radio rock bands (not unlike seether and three doors down) and to finally have a good band was so good. There were only like 80 people there and they absolutely killed it.

The guys were super nice too and i probably thanked them way too much for actually coming here. Anyway if anybody is on the fence about seeing them just fucking do it. I would see them again tomorrow in a heartbeat.

Merch news: Sold out of the Red Album 1st show. They have 5 different prints all /100 or /150. They have the split LP and all of their CD's and its really cheap!

It's so nice to finally have a good show, you have no idea. I'm sick of Rise Against being considered a "good show" to come through here.

they had the pig lady prints (both colors), the red album reprint on red paper

this one that i bought

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=30758970&albumID=309133&imageID=42543159

and one that i dont think was a baizley but was all black with a skull and a kitten sitting on the skull. i cant find the picture on the internet unfortunately though

the prints were 20 bucks... they were probably a bit more here than they would be in the states though i'd imagine. to get into the show was 19 bucks.

bison was amazing like i said, ghengis tron had a couple batteries die in a keyboard so that fucked their rhythm and then the singer was getting mic feedback for 2 songs before anybody else noticed and he got pissed. their set was good but not great because of it.

eric: the print you're talking about actually wasnt that nice at all, i dont think it was a baizley because the skull wasnt the same style he does and i couldnt see his scribbly fucking signature on the bottom

and eddie: to be completely honest i can't give you a setlist because i dont know song names at all... i just got into them last month (thank god) and still dont know the names, but it seemed really spontaneous because they didnt have any breaks between songs, it was sort of isis' style where they feedback, fuzz and riff their way into an intro and then into a new song. hard to explain but i think you get it

and one that i dont think was a baizley but was all black with a skull and a kitten sitting on the skull. i cant find the picture on the internet unfortunately though

That print is a HUSH print. Their roadie did that piece. He's a rad guy and a great artist.

Baroness have the "First & Second" CD with them right now. The vinyl will hopefully be available around the end of the year.

That print is a HUSH print. Their roadie did that piece. He's a rad guy and a great artist.

Baroness have the "First & Second" CD with them right now. The vinyl will hopefully be available around the end of the year.

I'm stoked for that!

Seeing them oct 20 with high on fire, I hope they have some prints I've wanted one for a while

I wish they were playing a little closer to home, that would be a rad way to spend my birthday.

Also, here is a chance to shamelessly promote a new release. Baroness "First & Second" CDs have arrived. Both EPs remixed and remastered, packaged in a foil stamped custom digipack with o-card. Here are some pics...

[image][image]

[image][image]

[image][image]

Baroness have these on tour right now or you can order from Hyperrealist for the next few days. A PayPal button will be placed on the site later today. These will be available from the Robotic Empire webstore very soon also.

The LP version is scheduled for December.

Seeing them oct 20 with high on fire, I hope they have some prints I've wanted one for a while

I wish they were playing a little closer to home, that would be a rad way to spend my birthday.

Also, here is a chance to shamelessly promote a new release. Baroness "First & Second" CDs have arrived. Both EPs remixed and remastered, packaged in a foil stamped custom digipack with o-card. Here are some pics...

[image][image]

[image][image]

[image][image]

Baroness have these on tour right now or you can order from Hyperrealist for the next few days. A PayPal button will be placed on the site later today. These will be available from the Robotic Empire webstore very soon also.

The LP version is scheduled for December.

Fucking nice. I hope they have some vinyl next week when I see them with High On Fire