Jesse Michaels in SF

i'd love to go to the show at the opening of the PFP center, but i dont think i can.

what's this?

The plea for peace center. Mike's been working on getting an all ages venue/art space for like two years. He had to abandon the South Bay because it was too expensive and since I think he's refocused on the East Bay.

what's this?

The plea for peace center. Mike's been working on getting an all ages venue/art space for like two years. He had to abandon the South Bay because it was too expensive and since I think he's refocused on the East Bay.

it's in stockton, december 12th, same line up i think?

asian man records

2:14 PM

Greetings! Lots to cover. Here we go!

The Plea For Peace Foundation is officially opening their doors next year, but we will do a kickoff show/party on December 12th with myself and Jesse Michaels(OPERATION IVY) to introduce the venue to the world. I'll have more info next week about this, but yup. Pretty exciting. Speaking of Jesse Michaels, we are doing a few shows together at the end of the year and next year. He's toured so little in the last 20 years, I am hoping we can do a bunch of shows together and get him out on the road. We'll see what happens. But check the tour dates for more info..

Bomb the Music Industry will start working on their new record this weekend. The demos are recorded and now the real deal is next. Look for a finished product out early 2009. Monkey has finished their new record. Cover was drawn by the dude who does the YO GABBA GABBA art stuff. What's his name? I should know this. He's the one who drew the PICK IT UP video on YO GABBA GABBA. Don't know what I'm talking about? Well, go to youtube and type in yo gabba gabba pick it up and you'll see the most genius video of all time. But yup.. great cover art for the MONKEY record to go along with a great traditional ska release.

Dan Potthast is heading to Australia and Japan with Streetlight Manifesto at the end of OCTOBER. SM love Dan and are extremely gracious in bringing him out on tour. Lucky him eh?

The RIVERDALES "PHASE 3" is now available. This is some really good stuff. Shared vocals by Ben Weasel and Danny Vapid. What a great band. Too bad they never toured much either. Wonder if Ben will ever be able to play shows out of Chicago. I'm sure lots of people would love to hear him sing songs that cover his discography. Me included. I never saw Screeching Weasel, though I know I was at one of their shows years ago at GILMAN ST in Berkeley, but doh!!! I left before they played.

And we have got a special deal for you pop punk fans of the world. We've got a GROOVIE GHOULIES deal that can't be beat. Here's what you get:

GROOVIE GHOULIES-"BERRY'D ALIVE" on 10" orange vinyl (limited to 2,000)

GROOVIE GHOULIES-"GO STORIES" on CD

GROOVIE GHOULIES-"MONSTER CLUB" on CD

GROOVIE GHOULIES-BERRY'D ALIVE on CD

All this for only $15. Enjoy!!

MIKE PARK w/ JESSE MICHAELS, KEVIN SECONDS

DEC 12th-STOCKTON, CA-PLEA FOR PEACE CENTER

DEC 19th-SACRAMENTO, CA-TRUE LOVE

DEC 20th-SAN FRANCISCO, CA-BOTTOM OF THE HILL

FEB. 5th-SAN LOUIS OBISPO, CA-TBA

FEB. 6th-HOLLYWOOD, CA-ALTERKNIT LOUNGE/KNITTING FACTORY

FEB. 7th-BAKERSFIELD, CA-TBA

Be well friends.