anyone had a lymph node removed?

Holy shit man... I'm so sorry. What happens now? Is it treatable?

I met with an oncologist on Monday and he ordered that I have a few tests done and a chemotherapy port implanted and told me that if it wasn't done by Wednesday I'd have to be admitted to the hospital today (my birthday, 21st to boot).

His office wound up being able to get everything taken care of by today, had my tests, which included having a bone marrow biopsy (basically having a needle stuck in my ass bone, no fun) and had the port implanted today and rather than starting chemo this week/weekend and having to stick me in the hospital for a day or two to monitor my reaction, they've given me the next few days off to enjoy my birthday and I have to be admitted to the hospital for a day or two for the first cycle of chemo starting Monday and in 3-6 months and I have to have some radiation to break up the mass and after that I'll be fine.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm almost painfully optimistic about it, 6 months of waiting for an answer and treatment and now I'm basically just relieved to have one and be able to start fixing it.

Happy birthday. Good luck with everything, too. My dad had a chemo port when he had his cancer (he had lymph nodes removed in the neck too, but he had skin cancer). It isn't fun stuff, but once it's all over with, it's a huge relief (granted I don't know how it feels directly, indirectly it's great).

holy fuck! good luck man! my brother had some cancer where he had his removed and he is healthy and with us still!

and on an even better note, stay positive, it works wonders! my mom 18/19 years ago got some super rare sinus cancer that only a few people have ever gotten at the time (she was in medical books)

well, they gave her 6 months to live and it was a huge bummer! she told me and my brothers and sisters and i was devasted, i was 11 at the time

well, 19 years later or so, and my mom is still with us and and she doesnt have cancer! love her to death!

so yeah, stay positive man! ever need anyone to talk to, im here forsure!! pm me!

randy

Happy birthday. Good luck with everything, too. My dad had a chemo port when he had his cancer (he had lymph nodes removed in the neck too, but he had skin cancer). It isn't fun stuff, but once it's all over with, it's a huge relief (granted I don't know how it feels directly, indirectly it's great).

Dude, honestly, just having a fucking diagnosis and a treatment plan after 6 months of sitting around feeling shitty has made me feel so awesome. I am completely optimistic and hopefully as soon as the chemo port wound and the biopsy wound heal and I can take these bandages off and they don't cause pain, I will feel a lot better.

They're basically telling me that as long as I don't feel too crappy from chemo that I'll be fine to go to school and carry on, and that's honestly been my biggest concern. So after my one-time-only hospitalization for the first cycle of chemo I should be able to continue. I've been so optimistic and positive, and the mass in my neck has actually reduced in size lately. So I'm hoping this all continues and the chemo won't fuck me up too bad.

However, all my teachers have basically given me a free pass to do things at my own pace. I think all I need now is rest. I can't believe I feel so fucking positive right now, I never felt this positive when I was healthy.

Dude, honestly, just having a fucking diagnosis and a treatment plan after 6 months of sitting around feeling shitty has made me feel so awesome. I am completely optimistic and hopefully as soon as the chemo port wound and the biopsy wound heal and I can take these bandages off and they don't cause pain, I will feel a lot better.

They're basically telling me that as long as I don't feel too crappy from chemo that I'll be fine to go to school and carry on, and that's honestly been my biggest concern. So after my one-time-only hospitalization for the first cycle of chemo I should be able to continue. I've been so optimistic and positive, and the mass in my neck has actually reduced in size lately. So I'm hoping this all continues and the chemo won't fuck me up too bad.

However, all my teachers have basically given me a free pass to do things at my own pace. I think all I need now is rest. I can't believe I feel so fucking positive right now, I never felt this positive when I was healthy.

thats a good attitude to have, stay positive and look forward to getting better, knowing that you will

and look forward to the new rise and fall i heard its hard as nails

I feel for you dude. I had testicular cancer last June. I was really lucky though. Just removing the testicle was enough, no chemo, nor radiation. I've been cancer free for 9 months now. Stay positive and realize how treatable these forms of cancer are now.

I will warn you though there's a whole emotional and psychological aspect to deal with now. Even being "cured" there's not a day that goes by I don't think about it. Plus you'll probably have to do checkups every month for the next several years. The checkups are extremely stressful.

Good luck man. PM me if you ever need to talk.

Also, this website was a world of help for me.

http://www.livestrong.org/site/c.khLXK1PxHmF/b.2660611/k.BCED/Home.htm

They have a lot of free reading material to help you through.