Tower.com?

I don't want to run anything against Virgil and VC (as they both rule in many ways) but I found this interesting.

I did a google search for Ted Leo's "Shake the Sheets" on vinyl and Tower.com showed up as having it. They also listed "the Tyranny of Distance". I thought it might be a mistake but they said that didn't carry a lot of their stuff so I figured they might have it.

HOWEVER: it does list it as taking 2-3 weeks to order, so we'll see. Worse come to worse they best refund my cash.

when i worked at a brick and mortar tower, if we special ordered a cd for someone, it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to a year to get it in. i dont know how well tower.com is run, but its run by different ppl who owned tower.

but we did special order a world/inferno 7" for me and it did come about a month later.

so i say give it a shot.

tower is backed forever.

Somehow I doubt they can still get those. Waterloo Records' online store had Shake the Sheets listed as backordered, so I tried getting it but they emailed me back telling me it was out of print and unavailable.

have you ever been to waterloo? I take it you're talking about waterloo in austin (not that there are any others) that place is completely rad.

yeah, i thought i hit the motherload with tower.com, ordering modest mouse's float on and the moon & antarctica and cursive/silver scooter split.

it said they got them and that they were being shipped to me right away, meanwhile my order status remains as pending the whole time. i send out a couple of emails and get an AUTOMATED RESPONSE- dear valued customer bullshit.

i finally cancel the order over the phone. tower got my hopes up for nothing.

Somehow I doubt they can still get those. Waterloo Records' online store had Shake the Sheets listed as backordered, so I tried getting it but they emailed me back telling me it was out of print and unavailable.

have you ever been to waterloo? I take it you're talking about waterloo in austin (not that there are any others) that place is completely rad.

Yeah, it's a great store. I used to go all the time when I lived in Austin.