What record should I put out next?

Channels is decent, but I'd much rather see Burning Airlines on vinyl.

see, I'm totally the other way around...Channels is brilliant and I never could get into the BA records...there's something too studio-sterile to them...live was a little better, but for whatever reason I never LOVED those record like a lot of people did.

So now that I'm finally sitting down and starting to work on the logistics of Not Economically Viable...as the CD stands, it's 40:43, and the band had planned on finishing recording (at least) 2 bonus tracks from that albums recording sessions...so realistically that'll probably push the time to 44-47 minutes. So that forces this to be a double record too. Even without bonus tracks it's marginally too long for one LP...so we might as well go crazy and make it sound good, then we'll definitely have enough room for bonus tracks.

fuckin' hell.

please go buy some records from me so I can afford to do this....

Just do an LP+7" and put the 2 bonus tracks on the 7" and make it exclusive to the LP.

A 7" is a lot cheaper than a second LP.

I considered that option, but as the album stands, it's be 20:38 vs. 20:06

...which would make each side quieter than usual... I'd rather go overboard for audio quality...I'll just make one record on black only and the "variant colors" on the other LP and in the case of repressing just do colors on the other LP.

I don't think 38 seconds is going to make much of a difference at all on audio quality, but it's your money. I think any mastering engineer will tell you it really won't make much of a difference.

I think the convenience of a single LP outweighs the incredibly minor audio quality difference. I'm just a big fan of short albums and single LPs, especially if it's punk rock stuff. Plus, this way you keep the album as it is and the bonus tracks are separate and awesome. AND you could probably charge at least a dollar less if you're doing a 7" instead.

Channels is decent, but I'd much rather see Burning Airlines on vinyl.

see, I'm totally the other way around...Channels is brilliant and I never could get into the BA records...there's something too studio-sterile to them...live was a little better, but for whatever reason I never LOVED those record like a lot of people did.

Why not do Jawbox's My Scrapbook of Fatal Accidents instead of either? Even better...