Best Records of 2008

it's a hard year for me for choose my top 10....

you know, there really were a ton of great albums/eps released this year. i keep discovering more as each day goes by. for example, after overlooking A Silver Mt. Zion (or whatever they preferred to be known as) for so long, I've really been enjoying the album they released earlier this year.

so many good records to choose from.

LPs: (in no special order)

Thomas Function - Celebration

Ravonettes - Lust Lust Lust

Muslims (the Soft Pack now....) - Self Titled

Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Real Emotional Trash

Noah and the Whale - Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down

Mates of State - Re-Arrange Us

alot of 08 albums are still getting played and sinking in...sometimes its takes awhile to get familiar enough with an album...plus some are not even in my hands yet, I have very high hopes for the new Love Boat LP. Plus I know when I get that Bon Iver I will end up loving that.

Singles:

1. Brimstone Howl - Tunnel of Love

2. Jay Reatard - Always Wanting More

3. Pink Reason - 3:16 (cdr singles club #1)

4. Sandwich - Assisted Living (cdr singles club #4)

5. Lover! - I Am Not a Gnome

6. Cheval Sombre - I found It Not So

7. RTFO Bandwagon - New Jack

8. The Muslims - Parasites/Walking With Jesus

it's a hard year for me for choose my top 10....

you know, there really were a ton of great albums/eps released this year. i keep discovering more as each day goes by. for example, after overlooking A Silver Mt. Zion (or whatever they preferred to be known as) for so long, I've really been enjoying the album they released earlier this year.

That album is fantastic. It's so awesome hearing a cello or stand-up bass rock out so hard like that.

That album is fantastic. It's so awesome hearing a cello or stand-up bass rock out so hard like that.

my case is similar to a lot of people's, i first checked them out because i was a godspeed fan, but i couldn't get passed the vocals. now i love them. i can't say how many times this happens to me. i always end up liking it, even if it takes a few months to a year to just leave the recordings alone. i wish i would have been listening to them all this time though.