im hanging out at quote/unquote HQ

and here is a new years present:

Look. I know that we didn't put out a CRAZY amount of records this year, but 2009 is a different fucking story man. Crazy different! We just put up new sampler and here is a description of the songs and what we have planned for next year!

High Time by Let Me Crazy from the album Virgin Metal. To be released on January 7th, 2009.

Back in the 80's, bands like Black Flag, The Descendents and The Minutemen use to play the same shows together although there were quite different stylistically. Based on this pedigree, it's a shame that punk rock has kind of digressed into homogenized bands. That's where Let Me Crazy come in. The band takes cues from the best punk bands of the last 30 years and drives them into a fucking swamp with the radio blowing up the speakers. It also marks the return of members of The Livingbrooks, The Arrogant Sons of Bitches and The Fad to destroying brains.

Fresh Attitude, Young Body by Bomb the Music Industry! from the album Scrambles. To be released on January 22nd, 2009.

After a few years of being the home recording project of Jeff Rosenstock, as well as touring with as little as two people, Scrambles finds Bomb the Music Industry! returning to full band format again. It also contains more instruments, drum machines, weird noises and samples from mid-90's pop-punk classics than ever before. Although the majority of it was recording in a tiny practice space on the Brooklyn/Queens border that doesn't stop the playfully obnoxious bombast. This will be co-released with Asian Man Records, the physical format containing a 24-page 'zine about some bullshit.

The Architect of Disney World by O Pioneers!!! from the album Neon Creeps. To be released on February 10th, 2009.

O Pioneers!!! has booked and screen printed your favorite bands forever. Also, they have been touring for years and slaying audiences with just a guitar and drums. For the FIRST TIME EVER however, there is a bass guitar and it fills out the sound on Neon Creeps like CRAAAAAAAAZY. Although Eric is sitting right behind me right now he doesn't know that I'm typing that O Pioneers!!! have finally made a record that is great enough to match their reputation as one of the hardest working punk bands of the millenium.

I Wanna Die by Matt Kurz from his upcoming solo album. To be released in late February 2009.

Matt Kurz takes a break from his usual one man band set up to deliver the good while firing with both arms and legs on all instruments. With crisper production than ever, the melodies and songs kill it even harder. Don't worry all you fans of the one man band aspect though, The Matt Kurz One will be releasing a new record in summer 2009!

Sometimes I Wish I Was a Cat by Shinobu from the album Strange Spring Air. To be released March 7th, 2009.

Shinobu has been one of the only punk rock bands that has shown their indie rock roots without being pretentious, annoying, inaccessible and unenjoyable. All of that may finally change with their first Quote Unquote release. This may be their Wowee Zowee, as they tuck brilliant pop jams between bizarre noise interludes and potentially alienating/genius kraut-rock terror. For fans of Pavement? Jawbreaker? Nirvana?

2009 will also see us reissuing the entire Arrogant Sons of Bitches discography. For those who don't know, this band had many members of the Quote Unquote Records family before Quote Unquote started. From the salvagable, to the horrible, to the rare, to the songs that were recorded five times, EVERY SONG WILL BE RELEASED starting January 7th, 2009 with the re-release of Three Cheers for Disappointment. We will also be re-releasing a remastered version of Cheap Girls' Find Me a Drink Home and Paper & Plastick will be handling the vinyl re-released. Cool right? And we're also gonna revamp the website to make it "better."

Also, did you check out that Laura Stevenson record? It was great! You can check out a song from it as well as a few more jams on our 2000-MINE SAMPLER which is available for free download (and there are a bunch of tracks streaming on the myspace.)

And remember, y'all, we were doing the whole "pay what you feel" "business model" before all of these other fucking assholes (except juiceboxdotcom who AREN'T ASSHOLES) (and also except world inferno, defiance ohio, brian jonestown massacre and probably countless other bands). So as we potentially get brushed under the rug as part of this strange adoption of what we were made fun of for doing three years ago, we will fight with awesome tunes, awesome friends and most of all the most supportive people supporting us!!!!!! So please, if you like what we're doing

click here and donate!!!! Thanks again! Happy new year, suckers!!!!

oh yeah, im not gonna fix the html fuck ups. DEAL WITH IT.