n stores for small bands?

is it lame for small bands to do instores?

like should i try and book some instores on this upcoming op!!! tour?

i just think we are to small and no one will give a damn, and we'll be wasting the record store's time.

i don't know. thoughts?

i mean all my favorite instores are when i get to see big bands play tiny record shops.

it depends. do you know the area, do some of the poeple you know in that town, would they bring friends? my buddies played a in-store at Sound Exchange one year, and about 40 people showed up. and they were basically unknown.. Well i don't know if you've heard of WOrd Salad, but it was a nice turn-out.

i really think if you know someone in the town that can promote it well enough for people to show-up why not? hell people show up to tons of the in-stores at Sound on Sound or Monkeywrench books

In the very least I think you should totally try and go for an in-store in Philly ;)

I'd hype the shit outta that thing. For serious. I think it'd work for both the store and yourself. Brings people in and if you end up being able to do it at Long In the Tooth that would rule. For serious.

Guest genericinsight

I never thought of an "in store" being any different than any other show. It's a band playing in a record store. You're still watching that band play regardless of the type of venue it's in.